Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

They're starting to grow

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
While scouting for turks this morning I saw a group of 7 bucks and one had about two inches of growth. Time to get the salt blocks out...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Can't wait, may have to get some minerals on the ground in the next few weeks and get the cams back out. Looking forward to 2011-2012 season!

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Due to what occured this year...The 2011 season will produce some of the biggest bucks seen in a long time. Start preparing now..because you wont see a year like this again in a while.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
^^^^What occurred this year?

I know there was an abnormal amount of snow and extremely cold temperatures statewide for an extended amount of time this year, but I don't see how this extra stress on a buck will make them grow into some of the biggest bucks in a long time. Fill me in oh whitetail wizard.....Don't give me the acorn story, I don't want to hear that again.

I always assumed that a mild winter with little snow would be more beneficial to deer than a winter like we just had.......but hell, what do I know?

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
^^^^What occurred this year?

I know there was an abnormal amount of snow and extremely cold temperatures statewide for an extended amount of time this year, but I don't see how this extra stress on a buck will make them grow into some of the biggest bucks in a long time. Fill me in oh whitetail wizard.....Don't give me the acorn story, I don't want to hear that again.

I always assumed that a mild winter with little snow would be more beneficial to deer than a winter like we just had.......but hell, what do I know?

$100 says he's gonna say acorns....

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellows..Ya cant dipute the facts...Deer kills were down all accross the east half of the country..Incredible mast crop..Hunters didnt adapt..Less deer were killed..Gonna be a banner year next season..Deer will have to travel more for food..thus become more vulnerable....Thats my prediction.:smiley_coolpeace:

I know jack gonna jump on me but i beleive my prediction will come true.

However,,It wont be easy for us big woods hunters..we will have to adapt like we did this year.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fellows..Ya cant dipute the facts...Deer kills were down all accross the east half of the country..Incredible mast crop..Hunters didnt adapt..Less deer were killed..Gonna be a banner year next season..Deer will have to travel more for food..thus become more vulnerable....Thats my prediction.:smiley_coolpeace:

I know jack gonna jump on me but i beleive my prediction will come true.

However,,It wont be easy for us big woods hunters..we will have to adapt like we did this year.

I might buy that if you could somehow explain how 2 seasons ago the Mast crop was very ample. About the same as this year if you ask me.. However that year was the 2 highest kill ever.. This year. Far below it.