Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Things I HATE!!!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bees. I got into a yellow jackets nest tonight while cleaning up our landscaping and took a couple shots to the arms. My face was actually about 12" from the hole when they came pour out, so its amazing that's all I got. I just got nailed again after trying to get shit out of the way so I could burn the hole. Who knew the headlamp on my forehead would be a giant "sting here" sign?!? Sons of bitches are gonna burn come early morning when they're all cold and lazy...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You don't have to burn them or wait for cooler temps.. They won't fly at night if you don't use a light. Just walk out there and pour about a half gallon of gas on the hole and poke a rag in it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The problem is the hole is in a bank and I can dump shit in there. I was trying to dig a flat spot and make them create a new opening by morning. I headed back out here in a few once they settle down to do some more work. I'm about to go ape shit!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Suck gas into a siphon hose and put your thumb over the end.. Poke the other in the hole raise above your head and take your thumb off..

Or put some seven dust in a turkey baster and puff it in the hole. They'll die in a day or so.

Soak a shirt in rubbing alcohol and put it in the bottom of your shop vac hold it over the hole and bang on the ground. Turn off the vac and poke a rag in the hose. Leave alone for a bit. Then gas the rest who aren't as aggressive.

Btw before you try it. Your smoker won't calm them down.. Pisses them off actually.. Trust me. Lol.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Oh, I won the war. I went back out and dumped more gas in the hole I uncovered earlier and lit it on fire. While it was burning, I dug the nest out and watched their beloved queen burn a fiery death on the end of my shovel. I think I got it since I never saw another bee. I'll go back to my landscaping duties tomorrow...

Huckleberry Finn

Liars. People that lie and don't face consequences. People that lie and are rewarded. People that are guilty. People that are guilty and get away with it.

saddlepants

central Ohio
When You finally have a nice big huge old cull buck in front of you at 15 yards. And its your first shot with your new bow. And you miss. Like tonight. Im so pissed.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Yes I do! This guy was big and had long beam with at least five shorter tines and a huge body mass. had a funny little three prong thing on the other side. The buck in my avatar pic needs a cape. Everyone said I should mounted him but I procrastinated and let the hide go sour. I keep sayin I will shoot a good size cull buck for the cape. I had my chance...I friggin blew it - not to mention he woulda filled my freezer. Plus my chances of seeing a buck like that have been NONe in the last few years since I lost my sweet spot to hunt.

epe

Lancaster
When You finally have a nice big huge old cull buck in front of you at 15 yards. And its your first shot with your new bow. And you miss. Like tonight. Im so pissed.

What you doing missing points for our team... j/k.. It is better to miss a cull buck than a buck of a lifetime. Better to get your miss out of your system on him..