Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Think I'm blowing smoke?!?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've told people about seeing 50+ pounds dogs around and I get some funny looks. Now I'm no expert at judging weight on coyotes, but I know the frame my 90 pounds lab is built on and this yote ain't TOO far off pace! Regardless of his actual weight, this is one big ass yote!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HECK YEA IT IS....are you getting constant pics of him?

No. But I always get pics of them coming past the minerals. They cross there, then head NWish to a creek crossing where I got them regularly enough last year to know I could have trapped them right there...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Wow I had a yote on cam a few years ago that some older boys said was one of the biggest they'd seen... that one is a lot bigger... dang!

Sent via Droid2 with Tapatalk

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
That is a big coyote....... he has exceptionally long legs which makes him appear larger than average. I would say he might go 40-45lbs anyhow. A coyote in the mid 40's is a monster. I am speaking from a lot of experience weighing coyotes as we usually weigh the larger ones we kill. Kill him and put him on a scale then we will know for sure!

Cool picture too.

badger

*Supporting Member*
That is a big coyote....... he has exceptionally long legs which makes him appear larger than average. I would say he might go 40-45lbs anyhow. A coyote in the mid 40's is a monster. I am speaking from a lot of experience weighing coyotes as we usually weigh the larger ones we kill. Kill him and put him on a scale then we will know for sure!

Cool picture too.

My first thought was in the forties.

That dog will make a great dead one.