Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This Morning's hunt

Diablo54

Outside
Chance number two happened yesterday and I was unable to seal the deal. I was set up inbetween a few bedding areas and had been sitting there since 2. I told dad I had no confidence in the spot but after talking to him i decided to stay put. I couldn't hear very well with the highway 300yards away, a bulldozer a few hundred yards away, a retarted dog and chainsaws. Then right at dark i could hear running on top of the hill. I grabbed my bow and here came 3 does. Rack...Big rack absolute shooter.130-140 ten point following the does. Hes gonna walk right into my opening at 15 yards. I position myself and as soon as he steps into my opening he starts walking fast. I never stop deer but I had to this time. Braaaap......Braaaap....Nothing he kept on going. Then I saw he was gonna hit another "Shooting lane" at 20 yards I yelled "Hey" and he stopped. I pulled back and let the arrow fly.....All looked good until 15 yards out my arrow hit a limb and flew straight in the air. He was gone. Ive been blessed this season and I don't expect anymore chances but thats not gonna stop me from enjoying the rest of my season in the woods.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man Diablo, that bummed me out just reading it. Missed opportunities, like you and I and others have had this year can really take their toll on a hunter. I replayed my chip shot over and over I bet hundreds of times. So I know what your going thru right now but heres the thing! That buck would like to breed one of those does and your stand is in between TWO bedding areas!? I've seen your tc thread and you have several shooters in your area. Give it a day off and get back in that stand. A monster a mile away might roam over your way and check those bedding areas. Hang in there and MAKE your NEXT encounter count!

Goodluck Diablo!

saddlepants

central Ohio
Yeah, stick with it. My Ex got the biggest buck of his life on the last day of gun season from a TS. Big boy walked in with two does like he owned the place in broad daylight.