Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This Old Boat.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm going to put a seat bracket up front so I can use either a casting seat or one with a back depending on what I'm doing. Probably the same for the middle deck.

We're not limited to a number of rods so I'm going to put four elevated rod holders on the front so I can use a 4 rod array when crappie fishing and sit up there in comfort.
Make sure your hook set doesn’t pop your deck loose 😂 Don’t want too see you have any Bill Dance moments 😂

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Going to run any lights for night fishing? Probably also need a couple cupholders.

I'm going to put a cop style spotlight on the grab bar so I can navigate at night. The mud motor will have a 13hp 420cc horizontal shaft motor on it which only has a 3 amp charge output. I'll need to do some math regarding battery and lights. Especially if I'm running a trolling motor and depth find too. I'm going to fabricate a grab bar like this one.

IMG_3841.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Let me know what cop style light you use. I have been thinking of adding one to my boat for at night. I have been looking at something like this. $$$ right now has be questioning it. I like how it remote controlled and it would go right in my front light. No wiring required.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/golight-gobee-stanchion-mount-remote-spotlight

Man that's nice. I was angling more towards offer the next methhead driving an old crown vic twenty bucks and take it right off his car. 😅. Or a junkyard. But you bring up a good point, i can probably find a good modern light with a pan tilt handle fairly reasonable. I'm not a fan of motorized devices, and with the brackish / saltwater here I could see that being a problem. The other thing that would concern me with that light is using a switch to move it constantly and how fast would it actually move.

Reactions: cspot

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Make sure your hook set doesn’t pop your deck loose 😂 Don’t want too see you have any Bill Dance moments 😂

Yeah that would suck. 😅. I've fallen out of a boat in the swamp at night. I was back in the boat so fast the only reason I knew it happened was I was wet. 😅.

It'll be bolted down with 1/4 inch bolts in rivet nuts. Pretty slick little suckers, I didn't even know they existed until a few months ago.

ATLASInstallationPhoto.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah that would suck. 😅. I've fallen out of a boat in the swamp at night. I was back in the boat so fast the only reason I knew it happened was I was wet. 😅.

It'll be bolted down with 1/4 inch bolts in rivet nuts. Pretty slick little suckers, I didn't even know they existed until a few months ago.

View attachment 117464
Good deal, I haven’t seen those either. Just keep an eye on those ribs. They’re tack welded in. Not sure if they’re supposed too hold that kind of load though.... Take a look at some of the welds on boats out there... Some of them look scary....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good deal, I haven’t seen those either. Just keep an eye on those ribs. They’re tack welded in. Not sure if they’re supposed too hold that kind of load though.... Take a look at some of the welds on boats out there... Some of them look scary....

These are riveted and tack welded in. It's a 1980 made Lowe boat. Not sure how the others do it (tracker etc) I assume allweld only welds their boats though. 😅. The center floor has three ribs and I figure six 1/4 inch bolts should do it. If not then I probably have bigger worries. The front casting deck will be bolted to the middle bench seat and the front lip seat. The good thing is if I want to remove them those rivet nuts are pretty flush.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Yep! You got it bud! I'm also going to put a bracket off the port side to mount one of these bad boys. Hang it off the edge if the gunwell so the grease drips in the water. 👍😅

View attachment 117469
Hot breakfast while duck hunting! Awesome. I think I remember Jesse posting earlier this year about cooking breakfast in the duck blind...but my memory isn’t as sharp as it used to be.😂

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hot breakfast while duck hunting! Awesome. I think I remember Jesse posting earlier this year about cooking breakfast in the duck blind...but my memory isn’t as sharp as it used to be.😂

Yeah that was Jesse in the duck blind. Screw a cold sammich out of the cooler, we gonna eat!

Give me time, I'll figure out how to put a bimini top on this bitch for the summer. 😅😅

20160502_173618 (2).jpg
download (21).jpeg