Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ticks 🤬

Smawgunner2

Athens County
My wife came back from the property with about 8 super small ticks. Literally a quarter the size of a pin head. With the naked eye you couldnt tell they were ticks. I picked a few off with tweezers. I’ve never seen them that small. Babies or a different species?

Bigcountry40

My wife came back from the property with about 8 super small ticks. Literally a quarter the size of a pin head. With the naked eye you couldnt tell they were ticks. I picked a few off with tweezers. I’ve never seen them that small. Babies or a different species?
I ran into those down on the Kentucky border during turkey season. No idea on babies orca different species

Bighoun52

In the woods
Took my sons fishing yesterday, got home and stripped them for their baths and my youngest had one on his shoulder. We weren’t out there for more than 45 minutes

P8riot

Carbon, In
As stated, seed ticks. As if ticks weren't bad enough! If you walk by a nest of the babies, they cover you! I read a story about a guy that had hundreds on him. He spent several hours in the ER as they picked them off his entire body. Make sure to spray down.
1718192584096.png

Blackcat86

NW Ohio
I stopped popping belly-draggers ('chucks, skunks, 'possums, squirrels, etc.) around our little piece of paradise if they aren't threatening the local ambiance. They pick up a lot of ticks in their travels and eat them when they groom. We, too, pick up our share although we haven't begun eating them as of yet. SWMBO's share so far this year is 13; mine so far is 5. Ain't Mother Nature great?

Had two lone stars on me in Athens co last weekend- not embedded. one under a permethrin sprayed shirt and the other crawling on the back of my neck. I was in the thick shit all weekend making/spraying trails. First ones ive seen- orange an the white star was quite apparent. Had spritzed with picardin and it did okay keeping the mosquitos at bay.

Reactions: Bighoun52

P8riot

Carbon, In
I stopped popping belly-draggers ('chucks, skunks, 'possums, squirrels, etc.) around our little piece of paradise if they aren't threatening the local ambiance. They pick up a lot of ticks in their travels and eat them when they groom. We, too, pick up our share although we haven't begun eating them as of yet. SWMBO's share so far this year is 13; mine so far is 5. Ain't Mother Nature great?
That's decent logic, BUT ticks only need to feed once in a year to survive. Of course they will eat more if they can, but bare minimum survival, once a year. So some of those ticks that may have died without feeding, are being given a chance to get that one meal they need, if they are in a spot that can't be groomed by the host. I do only shoot the ones by the house that make it a habit to be too close. I'm not shooting any hundreds of yards out, but I don't have anything worth protecting out that far.

Floki

Here is an interesting interview with Tucker Carlson And a woman Who has wrote a book on ticks.

I don’t ever remember growing up and having these small ticks. We had big deer ticks but not the small ones .

I get bit by them I swell up double and itch from bite for months. Had to go to hospital last year due to being bit and my upper arm doubled in size and then some.

It’s every time. I’ve sat in the snow and have had them crawling on me.

Then there was a survey by ODNR a while back with like 50 or so Questions about ticks rather weird to me.

Anyhow here’s the link. Yall decide for yourself.

Reactions: Smawgunner2

P8riot

Carbon, In
Here is an interesting interview with Tucker Carlson And a woman Who has wrote a book on ticks.

I don’t ever remember growing up and having these small ticks. We had big deer ticks but not the small ones .

I get bit by them I swell up double and itch from bite for months. Had to go to hospital last year due to being bit and my upper arm doubled in size and then some.

It’s every time. I’ve sat in the snow and have had them crawling on me.

Then there was a survey by ODNR a while back with like 50 or so Questions about ticks rather weird to me.

Anyhow here’s the link. Yall decide for yourself.

I've known that for years. Didn't want to bring it up for fear of being called crazy. On another note, think of all those mosquitos they have released! Repeated crimes against humanity.

Reactions: Floki

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ve spent my entire life crawling around in quality tick habitat here in Ohio. I’d never seen a seed tick until three years ago. I pulled 3 off my back Sunday after spending just a couple hours on a 3d course that was very well maintained. Their bites itch which is far different from any tick and be dealt with before.

Floki

I've known that for years. Didn't want to bring it up for fear of being called crazy. On another note, think of all those mosquitos they have released! Repeated crimes against humanity.
Ehh 90 percent of Crazy these days are correct . I’m type fella that doesn’t give two shits about being called crazy or any other name. 🤣👍

Reactions: P8riot

P8riot

Carbon, In
Ehh 90 percent of Crazy these days are correct . I’m type fella that doesn’t give two shits about being called crazy or any other name. 🤣👍
I'm all about bringing crazy stuff to the plate, but genetically modified ticks created by the govt really seems out there. NOW with the alpha gal/lone star ticks coming around more, they will say its the beef. They are really trying to get rid of beef. How easy would it be to drop millions of onfected ticks over an area. Years of destruction!