Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's Outdoor Quiz...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Only bucks I ever rattled in were with my Baker.. About 20 ft. up the tree one morning, it came off my feet and rattled all the way to the bottom... Talk about an OH FU$# MOMENT, hugging that tree 20ft. up with no stand.... Bloodied the stomach and chest up good sliding down... Got to bottom to find 3 bucks looking for that rattling sound....

Reactions: Spencie and xbowguy

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
OK...Way back, everyone wanted this Loggy Byou sp? Climbing Treestand. I got the hang of it sorta.....and off I went to hunt the edge of Dawes Arboretum before they even dreamed of an organized hunt. There really was some monsters in there! I got up about 14' and attempted to get another bite on the handles....damn bottom let go and I dropped 12' in .06 of a second. 2' off the ground it grabbed the tree again....both knees gave and crushed into the tree. My knees and back went so numb, my fuggin hair hurt too! I sat on it like a chair and hunted until dark. Wasn't sure I'd ever use it again.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Only bucks I ever rattled in were with my Baker.. About 20 ft. up the tree one morning, it came off my feet and rattled all the way to the bottom... Talk about an OH FU$# MOMENT, hugging that tree 20ft. up with no stand.... Bloodied the stomach and chest up good sliding down... Got to bottom to find 3 bucks looking for that rattling sound....
My brother and I both had the TSS climber stands. He did the same thing and couldn’t climb a tree for a month. Worst road rash I’d ever seen.... He was picking out bark for days.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I never had a climber until the late 90s or so. We built our own lock ons and walked the train tracks looking for railroad spikes to drive in the trees to climb up. There’s probably been a few angry loggers over the years.

Reactions: Fletch and "J"