Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's Storm

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Passed this convoy of 17 Georgia power and light trucks here in Ohio helping to restore power. Both AEP and FE have brought in crews from other companies as far away as Texas and even Canada. When you see these boys out remember to wave and give them a thumbs up. These guys didn't have the 4th off and have been working their asses off away from their families since last Friday.

View attachment 7599

I hear ya. I kept my huge Gatorade water cooler outside with Icewater and cups for all those guys while they were in my town fixing damage.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Dont get me wrong Im glad to see them when they finally show up at my neighborhood, but its also their job and they are payed well. As far as not having the 4th off I have a hard time feeling sorry for them especially since I had to work TOO, but its my job and thats what they pay me for. Oh and by the way I still dont have fugging power and Im also at work and its fuggin hot here TOO.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Just got my power turned back on an hour ago.....had to climb up on the roof to adjust the internet satellite...holy shit those shingles are fuggin hot!

Just got the computer fired back up and getting things switched back over now.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Those line guys who have been out there 16 hrs a day for the last 7 days dont have a/c, except in their trucks. There isnt any escape for them during this. Then they expect them to sleep in semi trailers made into bunk bed houses.

Buckmaster

Portage
My favorite oak tree was struck by lightening this past week. It boiled the bark right off the tree.

Attachments

• Tree 1.jpg
    Tree 1.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 98
  • tree 3.jpg
    tree 3.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 94
  • tree 2.jpg
    tree 2.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 95
Those line guys who have been out there 16 hrs a day for the last 7 days dont have a/c, except in their trucks. There isnt any escape for them during this. Then they expect them to sleep in semi trailers made into bunk bed houses.

I have total respect for these guys
.I give a honk and thumbs up to every one of them I see out working,driving etc
..I saw one guy in traffic flip the bird to a bama aep bucket truck..What is wrong with ppl?
Still no power at my place,thanks to my wifes cuz for letting us stay with them
2 adults an 3 extra kids is a lot to take in..Even if its only a week or so