Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's Storm

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
well this not having power $hit is getting old its starting too cut into my play funds and really pi$$ing me off. generator $1,3080.00 about 50gallons of gas @ $3.30 a gallon and a 220volt power cord another $100.00 owe yeah and I bought 4new 5gal. gas cans at 17.95 a pop DAMN!!!!!!! I need a cold beer or too

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Fugg yea! Just walked in to a 74 degree house with lights and internet!!! Thank God!!! My back can't take any more of sleeping on something other than my Sealy!!!

Very grateful for all those who worked so hard to get our power back on. AEP exceeded my expectations this time around!!!

Good for you. I hope we get ours back sometime today.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
well this not having power $hit is getting old its starting too cut into my play funds and really pi$$ing me off. generator $1,3080.00 about 50gallons of gas @ $3.30 a gallon and a 220volt power cord another $100.00 owe yeah and I bought 4new 5gal. gas cans at 17.95 a pop DAMN!!!!!!! I need a cold beer or too

The cabin/rentals have power now. I can completely understand about the money aspect. I already had the genny but the other costs I incurred really kicked me in the wallet. Gas, hotel room, gas cans, food replacement (one freezer that was full was ok but the other half full chest freezer was done), and other misc stuff sucks.

Feel for all you guys that have lots more lost/vested. I would take the punch because I would still not mind dropping off the grid... my wife on the other hand would be unbearable (still better than most woman but you know).

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
My wife's the same way Beener, she always says she will just role over and die. I always inform her that I will keep her going till I have to shoot her in the knee to get away.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My wife's the same way Beener, she always says she will just role over and die. I always inform her that I will keep her going till I have to shoot her in the knee to get away.

Love it. That little Beretta from the other thread would work well. Just feign an accidental discharge! Lol

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro

Yeah...mention gas cans and I get pissed off.....let me just state for the record and for posterity and for the internet and for any manufacturers or regulators involved....YOUR NEWFANGLED GAS CAN CAPS SUCK ASS! I FRIGGIN HATE 'EM. HOW ABOUT BRINGING BACK THE PLAIN OLD NON-VENTED SPOUT AND THE LITTLE SNAP-TOP VENT ON THE REAR TOP BACK?

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Yeah...mention gas cans and I get pissed off.....let me just state for the record and for posterity and for the internet and for any manufacturers or regulators involved....YOUR NEWFANGLED GAS CAN CAPS SUCK ASS! I FRIGGIN HATE 'EM. HOW ABOUT BRINGING BACK THE PLAIN OLD NON-VENTED SPOUT AND THE LITTLE SNAP-TOP VENT ON THE REAR TOP BACK?

They are a royal pain in the @ssssssssssss,,the neighber boy needs help with his everytime,,,and no matter what you do you always get gas on your hands from this genious idea of a gas can,,,you would think they would put a vent on them tooooooo,,,BY THE WAY MY POWER IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Love it. That little Beretta from the other thread would work well. Just feign an accidental discharge! Lol

The guys at work always say Levi and I will be like mad max when shtf happens. He will be my sidekick like the kid with the boomerang. Two zombie killin mofos. Lol

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well i'm a little late on this but we just got power back. I had to drive through that storm though, in a company van, leading the semi down a back road. All while power lines and trees were falling down all around. We ended up having to back the semi about a half mile back a back road and get him turned around, while stuff was flying and it was raining sideways. It was a great time haha. I hope every is safe out there and has power.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good to hear of those back in power. Hang in there is the best I can offer the rest. Sorry you all.have to deal with that.

Chad- give me a call. I might have some assistance to offer you. Do you have an outside disconnect to be able to shut your house off to the grid? I have a generator and tractor you are welcome to if so. Should be able to feed most of your house. Diesel sipping tractor will run it all day. If nothing else it is good to run those generators every so often. You are welcome to it Chad. I have not been on much so you will need to call or text.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Hey thanks Phil. We are still without power, but getting by. I am running a gas generator right now and it is doing most of what I need except air conditioning. Putting about $40 per day in fuel in it....ouch! The rumor is that we should be powered back up by the end of today. If something happens that it don't get back on I might take you up on the tractor generator......I have all the connections required to make it work, and a 3,000 gallon tank of deisel fuel on site.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just got done catching up with this thread! Wow!!! I knew this storm was real bad as it blew through but not THIS bad! We were still down in MB when it happened and were getting updates from friends,neighbors and kin the day after and on our way back on Sunday. I'm just surprised as to how much of Ohio was effected! So sorry to hear of the TOO family members who are without power still or received lots of damage.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Last update I read had 150,000 customers still without power. Crazy how dependent our lives are on electricity. Something you don't think about till it's not around.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Last update I read had 150,000 customers still without power. Crazy how dependent our lives are on electricity. Something you don't think about till it's not around.

Yep. AEP still has 150,000 out in their Ohio Service territory. Since last Friday they've restored power to over half a million customers. Still have about 244,000 out in WV with 56% of those without have now been restored. And 97,000 out in VA.

FE still has about 90,000 in WV and about 20,000 in Ohio.. They made out in Ohio as the storm went south of the majority of FE's service territory. But still nailed them in WV.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Passed this convoy of 17 Georgia power and light trucks here in Ohio helping to restore power. Both AEP and FE have brought in crews from other companies as far away as Texas and even Canada. When you see these boys out remember to wave and give them a thumbs up. These guys didn't have the 4th off and have been working their asses off away from their families since last Friday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341499178.561385.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Amen Joe! We passed several convoys heading north with us on our way home on Sunday. We knew exactly where they were headed and many were from Georgia and NC. They're probably still up here TOO.