Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO 2011 Golf Thread

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I played all four years of HS and one year of college. Since then I have only played maybe a couple dozen times. Every time I hit the course I feel like I should be playing to the level I was when I was hitting balls everyday... and it just doesn't seem to work that way!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In all seriousness, I hope you guys all have a great golf season. Adam has surprised me with his knowledge of the game. I would not have pictured you as a golfer.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
In all seriousness, I hope you guys all have a great golf season. Adam has surprised me with his knowledge of the game. I would not have pictured you as a golfer.

Took the words out of my mouth Phil! Adam reminds me of my cousin Scott, they could really be brothers, and Scotty is he furthest thing from a golfer! LOL!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
HAHAHA

I have been playing golf off and on as long as I can remember thanks to my dad. He would take me along from time to time and let me play around on some of the holes that couldn't be seen from the clubhouse when I was little. He would also take me to the driving range as well as let me play around on the practice putting green.

I had a buddy of mine I use to golf with (and take his money) tell me 6 years ago to try out for the Nike Tour. He tried out for it and missed the cut by 2 strokes and he figured since I was beating him and taking his money every weekend that I might place. I never did try out though. Just something I did for fun and relaxation and I never took it seriously enough to try tours.

i love the driving range , been long time since i went to the range , i think we got kicked out of every golf course in morrow , crawford , and richland counties , they didnt like our happy gilmore impersonations on the driving range

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am heading to the driving range here in just a few. Hope I can replicate the last two times...

Do you hit off the mats or tee it up off to the side in the grass ?

I stopped hitting off the mats just because I wanted to practice on grass just as I would while playing a round.

twireman

Kingston, OH
I usually get out around 10 times a year. I golfed a lot in highschool on the team, then it got expensive when I had to actually pay for it haha. I usually shoot around 41-44 on nine holes with the very "occasonial" 39 or so. I broke 40 once last year. I'll check in here with scores when I actually get out this year. Good luck everybody and hit em' straight!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Adam, I always hit off the grass. I like to mess with different tee heights to get the most distance out of my drive.

Did good on the range today, I think I'm finally making some headway. I was consistently driving the ball in the air 225+ with a good roll. I had two signs 30y apart at 150y I was trying to keep the ball between and kept it within there 70% of the time. Of my last 10 drives, 9 of them were 225+ and between the signs. Hopefully I can carry that over to the course.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I used to golf ALOT! With 3 kids, baseball, money, etc... Not so much. I'm to the point now somebody will just call me for a scramble and I might do 3 or 4 a year.

Hey, that's an idea... A TOO scramble. Now that would be interesting.

Diablo54

Outside
I used to golf ALOT! With 3 kids, baseball, money, etc... Not so much. I'm to the point now somebody will just call me for a scramble and I might do 3 or 4 a year.

Hey, that's an idea... A TOO scramble. Now that would be interesting.

Id be up for that!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will aerate the golf course! Of course, it will be every other swing at the ball with one divot after another, but it will help the grounds crew. lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I didn't get out hardly at all last year... hoping to change that and play a lot more this year. I love playing golf but it's difficult to find the time, and sometimes the money, to be able to go. I played golf during my junior year of high school and it was a ton of fun... I wish I would have played golf all four years actually. Playing as many holes as you want, for free!... doesn't get much better than that. And you don't get your ass beat to smitherines like you do on the football field.

BTW, you guys catch the final round of the masters yesterday? What a finish!

Buckmaster

Portage
I played just about everyday from 1978 until 1989. I had a course membership, played on the golf team, played junior and amateur tours.

....Then something amazing happened.....I gratuated high school, went to college, and got a job.

I've played about twenty times since 1990. I can still break 90 for 18 holes though.

I was eyeing up my clubs sitting in the basement the other day. Garage sale item or not......hum......my daughter's turning 6 shortly....maybe she'll want to play with Dad......