Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Garden Thread

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I'm holding out strong on this one. I'm tired of "we should do this, and we should do that." Google translated= "YOU should do this, and YOU should do that."
I think you're being unreasonable here. Im sure if I ask Tara, she'll tell me all the things Rita does and how very little you do. Pick up the slack.

To add to that, after play dates, we should talk to our wives to see what we can relay to eachother to see what more we need to do😎

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I think you're being unreasonable here. Im sure if I ask Tara, she'll tell me all the things Rita does and how very little you do. Pick up the slack.

To add to that, after play dates, we should talk to our wives to see what we can relay to eachother to see what more we need to do😎
You hit your head on something Ryan?

Reactions: Dustinb80

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker

DE4CDB43-F16B-4360-AB82-30C78126DF5F.jpeg
7F3CE94A-E2D2-410B-B5C5-8DA957289467.gif

Buckmaster

Portage
Not so good this year. Just finished weeding. I forgot to put sand around my plants this year and the slugs ate most of my pepper plants. Got a bumper of tomatoes and a pumpkin or two. Probably do pickles, salsa, and tomato juice this year.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Spent a couple hours in the garden this morning while it was still cool and in the shade. Knocked the weeds down, pruned, picked, tied and debuted the new soaked hose and timer. Snapped some up close pics of some of the plants that are really thriving.

The romas are spilling out of their cages and are loaded with fruit. Can't wait for the first run of salsa!

20190714_095431.jpg

My cherry and grape tomatoes are over 6' at this point.

20190714_095451.jpg

This is the first year I have planted Mariachi peppers and they are absolutely loaded right now.

20190714_095356.jpg

The cucumbers from seed are turning it on after a slow start. My beans are going crazy also. Lots of training going on with these right now.

20190714_095328.jpg

This yellow squash will catch your attention. $1.49 for 4 plants and I'm picking $5 worth of produce every other day. The chickens love these and I'll eat a few here and there.

20190714_095246.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
5 gallons of wax and banana peppers for mustard, plus some jalapenos and mariachi peppers for the mix, and several green bells. I still have beans to pick and probably a gallon of cherry and grape tomatoes. My romas are fruited heavily and will be ready for a salsa run in the next week or 2.

IMG_20190728_111851_281.jpg