Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Garden Thread

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I gave up. Squirrels been stealing my shit. New game plan next year. Watermelon is done it cracked in half, no idea. 6 green tomatoes is coming along which will be stolen by the squirrels soon. Not getting my hopes up

Bankfish

I gave up. Squirrels been stealing my shit. New game plan next year. Watermelon is done it cracked in half, no idea. 6 green tomatoes is coming along which will be stolen by the squirrels soon. Not getting my hopes up
I have an abundance of tomatoes, green peppers and jalapeños, chili peppers and banana peppers if you want some Chad. Plus potatoes if you feel like diggin in the dirt. Lol. Last of the sweet corn is ready also if you want some.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sure it’s not a coon eating them! I have 25-50 squirrels living around my house and the only coon I had was my nemesis and he seemed to have moved on. Lol

Reactions: giles and MoonLab

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Sure it’s not a coon eating them! I have 25-50 squirrels living around my house and the only coon I had was my nemesis and he seemed to have moved on. Lol
The tomato is on the ground next to the tree of where the squirrel’s den is at,lol

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Have a heart trap followed by a 22 behind the ear. The trap hunts while you’re at work. I’ve killed over a hundred in a single year….it gives you a warm feeling when you come home from work to find all four traps with one of the furry bastards in it.😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wifey has made quite a bit of pizza sauce. Yesterday she made 9 quarts of pasta sauce. Still have lots of tomatoes and peppers coming on. Been eating zucchini bread like it is an additional food group lately.

Sorry for the night pics. They aren't the best but do show some roided up tomato plants. These things are hearty this year.

PXL_20220825_034018723.jpg
PXL_20220825_033958712.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
2nd round of sweetcorn is looking good (G90). Couple stalks with 3 ears, most producing 2.

20220828_112932.jpg

20220828_112940.jpg

Maters are doing well, with the determinates coming to end of life. Few extra headed up to the pedal pulls contest today to give away.

20220828_115346.jpg

Wyatt's sunflowers contest should be any week, some of these bad boys are 12' tall! Looking forward to getting a tape for a final OD measurement on the one he'll take in.

20220828_112630.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Competition day tomorrow for sunflower judging. The Milan Garden Club provides a packet of seeds for each student in grades 1-3 at the end of each school year, with a measurement competition at the beginning of the next year. Wyatt's pretty pumped to hopefully be in the top 3 tomorrow. Once the judging is over, they put them in the court yard to feed the birds over the next few weeks.

That SOB behind him is 13' tall, but a multi-flower variety. The stalks on these things are 5" in diameter!

20220901_185535.jpg