Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Homesteading

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Pulled 65 out and left one wet one in. Figure to get a few more hatch later.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Lost the little wet one from yesterday. Ended up w 65 out of 93.

Went and picked up some lumber to make another pen, Horry shiat lumber is high as hawk pussy! Treated 2x4x8 treated is $8.50. Bought deck screws the last time for 35 and now are 50.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Lost the little wet one from yesterday. Ended up w 65 out of 93.

Went and picked up some lumber to make another pen, Horry shiat lumber is high as hawk pussy! Treated 2x4x8 treated is $8.50. Bought deck screws the last time for 35 and now are 50.
Lumber prices are crazy...if you can even find it!
65 out of 93...one didn’t make it..did the other 27 not hatch?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
No I guess I set a 100. Had 31 not hatch and out of them 15 was fertile and didn’t hatch. So out of 84 eggs I guess I have 68 or so. Hard to count them pulling them out quickly and trying to hurry so the possible ones hatching don’t get “shrink wrapped”.

Total that’s a very good hatch rate. 69/84. Big difference when they don’t sit long in transit. These were my eggs. Latter I will be able to incubate one day of eggs which will improve the hatch rate if fertile.

Buckmaster

Portage
My buddy’s barn burned down as a result of a heat lamp a couple years ago. Lost a puppy, RV, tractor, mowers, ATV, tools, etc.

Did another 11 jars this evening. Went to take the last set out of the water bath and a bottom cracked off so finished with 10 pints. Also processed my 23 extra males today while I had time. No pics as it’s the sos.
Thats gonna be some fine eating right there!! Buddy of mine gave me a dozen cleaned and vaccum sealed for helping him get a deer out of the hills this season. Totally unnecessary but extremely appreciated.