Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Summer Gathering (LOCATION ADDED!): July 22-25, 2021

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm assuming the same location, but we can have that discussion herein regarding a move to another venue.

---

Otherwise known as Casa de @giles who has agreed to host us. He's got a great spread for this, so it'll be a kick ass time per usual. If you have any questions, you can toss 'em out here, or PM Dave if you need to. Someone tell Momma TOO we can start a food thread now 😂

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I talked to one of the members of the BOD during youth gun weekend. He said we did absolutely nothing wrong and it was solely based on insurance. He said all of the bird trials they hold are insured. Other than bird trials, we were the only large group that gathered there. So, it sounds like if we can fix the insurance issue, Mingo could be a possibility again. I'll leave that to the higher ups here.

There is a camping area near the Mingo site at Fernwood State Forest that is right by the state gun range, but I would assume alcohol consumption there would be an issue. Not sure on that one. But the camping area is pretty nice sits back in the hardwoods for shade. It resembles Strouds some.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I talked to one of the members of the BOD during youth gun weekend. He said we did absolutely nothing wrong and it was solely based on insurance. He said all of the bird trials they hold are insured. Other than bird trials, we were the only large group that gathered there. So, it sounds like if we can fix the insurance issue, Mingo could be a possibility again. I'll leave that to the higher ups here.

There is a camping area near the Mingo site at Fernwood State Forest that is right by the state gun range, but I would assume alcohol consumption there would be an issue. Not sure on that one. But the camping area is pretty nice sits back in the hardwoods for shade. It resembles Strouds some.

Thanks for checking on that. See if you can find out what exactly they want, or better yet what the bird dog guys have. Property protection?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
"This one time at Mingo..."
own it.jpg