Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Waterfowl Chronicles

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's been a minute since I've been in a field and tomorrow is the day to get back to it. Between getting COVID and having a baby last January, I missed all the field hunts last year. Went to retrieve my layout after two years in the barn and expected the worst. Only found two mice nests, one snake skin, ample amounts of mice and snake shit, 12 spent shells, a bag of trash, and 47 dead spiders. Wasn't as bad as expected 😂

Left field

It's been a minute since I've been in a field and tomorrow is the day to get back to it. Between getting COVID and having a baby last January, I missed all the field hunts last year. Went to retrieve my layout after two years in the barn and expected the worst. Only found two mice nests, one snake skin, ample amounts of mice and snake shit, 12 spent shells, a bag of trash, and 47 dead spiders. Wasn't as bad as expected 😂
Still have time for this season !

Bigcountry40

IMG_1766.jpeg

Bigcountry40

IMG_1767.jpeg

First time goose hunting was a success. one of the properties I hunt has standing water (waist deep) in a cut wheat field and standing corn field which can’t be seen from the road. Yesterday I discovered this water hole messing around and kicked up a flock geese and ducks, I made few phone calls and found a buddy who was waterfowler. $90 later (stamps and steel shot), I am now officially waterfowl hunter (not really)

Bankfish

View attachment 183709
First time goose hunting was a success. one of the properties I hunt has standing water (waist deep) in a cut wheat field and standing corn field which can’t be seen from the road. Yesterday I discovered this water hole messing around and kicked up a flock geese and ducks, I made few phone calls and found a buddy who was waterfowler. $90 later (stamps and steel shot), I am now officially waterfowl hunter (not really)
Congrats on your first waterfowl. But tread lightly, it's very addicting. 😉

Reactions: Bigcountry40

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
View attachment 183709
Well you are fucked now, 😂! Get a trained dog to hunt over and you will get the incurable disease called a water fowler. Don’t get any better than that!

mike hunt

Great sport, the side effects are brutal. Call collection, Decoy collection, Benelli collection, and don't forget the Gator Trax and Mud Buddy. But it's fun.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sure thing! I've had mine for 7-8 years and have no complaints. I added the snow cover and it's been $ well spent many times over.

I keep a yoga pad in mine and use my camo sleeping bag when it's super cold. I also have a pillow in a waterproof cover that I slip under the back rest on all day hunts. Plenty of room for gear and a dog as well.