Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tracie's Target

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I like clean 8's and she has been seeing this deer more than I, so her early morning recon might come in handy come opening weekend!

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
That would make a dandy first buck! Beats the heck out of my first buck! lol.....keep us updated and hope she gets a chance at him and you can tell us her story!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
That would make a dandy first buck! Beats the heck out of my first buck! lol.....keep us updated and hope she gets a chance at him and you can tell us her story!

Won't be her first buck, but it would be her first bow kill and it sure as hell beats my first bow kill!!! She killed a spike with a crossbow her second her of hunting with me. Unfortunately, she hasn't killed a buck since then. We were 'o so close to a 140's 9-point and a 130's 8 in 2008, but it just didn't work out. She almost killed a decent 8 last year on a drive, but as she was lining up the buck in her crosshairs, my cousin shot and dropped the buck where he stood! LOL

I gotta get her on a nice buck before too long or she's gonna think I'm sandbagging on her!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good buck for a first bowkill by anyones standards. Goodluck to you and her in getting it done. Teabaggin', no disrepect Jesse, but Hicks got you there!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
LMFAO!!! That's hilarious Hicks.

Best of luck to the Mrs., dude. That would be a great first bow kill.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Best of luck to Tracie on this buck. :smiley_bestwishes:

My hats off to you on this one Hicks. :smiley_attention:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What? Isn't this the reason Jesse built the "Paradise Stand". Surely I am not the only one that put two and two together here.:smiley_chinrub: Where's the ornery icon?

I am sorry Jesse. I couldn't resist. You have a great wife. I hope you guys enjoy your time hunting together this year. My wife would not even consider hunting with me. To this I tip my hat to your wife! And if you guys decide to put some "doe in heat" scent in the air while in "Paradise" then it is your business. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
FWIW, this is the same deer that came in past the burn pile. He was in again last night and it was still smoking. I actually had the best night on the cam last night I have had in 6 weeks. We roasted weiners up there Sunday and I have been working my ass off sweating like a whore in church in that area and the deer seem to careless. It's amazing what they will grow accustom to...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was going to suggest to you that you start a bonfire in the morning so to be sure that deer would come in! You beat me to it and verified it was the same buck though.