Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trailer Blind build

And off to the races we go. Side frames are getting built and brace tests are looking like they're going to work. Disregard work area [emoji1787]

Looks great, any approx idea what shell weigh when all said and done? That a single 1500lb axle?
Looking approx 800-1000#. It's a single axle and it's reinforced with another steel tube. I'm gonna say rough guess it'll be around 1800# rated but don't quote me on it, I literally have no way to back those numbers up [emoji1787] It's been reinforced the entire way around with thick l brackets as well. It was a homemade hillbilly super trailer at some point I think.

We're going to see how it goes once it's all said and done. If needed, I have welding knowledge and can juice up the frame a bit. But, I don't think it'll come to that

Blind is now fully encased in Tyvek. Really starting to take shape and give us an idea of how big it is inside. Easily fits 4 grown adults with camp chairs. The next step will be to get the t1-11 attached and then on to the metal roof. Plan right now is to insulate the interior with foam board and then sheath the interior with the thinnest OSB we can find just to finish it off. Then to the creativity part :carpet, painting, attachable gun rests, maybe a European mount or two. Lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How far do you need to pull it? Even if it is a bit heavy for the axle you can throw jack stands under it once it is placed where you plan on leaving it. Looks great so far!

How far do you need to pull it? Even if it is a bit heavy for the axle you can throw jack stands under it once it is placed where you plan on leaving it. Looks great so far!
It wont leave the farm (probably). Our plan is to install a bracket on the front and back for 4x6 "outriggers" and then use the jack stands on them to give it a wider point of contact with the ground. We're gonna see how our pipe dreams work out!

Reactions: hickslawns