Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey frying suggestions?

Matt

Norton, OH
Well, got any? I have never done it before and am going to give it a shot next weekend. I pick up a Cajun Injector pack with the creole butter flavoring, the shaker and the injector in it. It's Jmmyers' birthday, we gon' celebrate with a turkey fry and some beerz. :smiley_adfundum::smiley_breakdance::smiley_bril:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I don't know if you can go wrong Matt... anyway you fry 'em is fantastic. Inject the heck out if it, and inject the seasons in multiple directions. Little bit here, little bit there. Smaller amounts, multiple times, and in multiple directions will help better disburse the flavors.

If you like spicy stuff, Try the wing sauce recipe on a bottle of Redhot. I think it's just butter & Redhot, just can't remember the exact combo.

Have fun!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Make sure the bird is completely thawed and watch your grease level/temps.

Badgers right, also make sure no liquid gets on the outside of the bird to prevent any boil over. But temps are the most critical that and time cooked. Have always loved deep fried turkeys makes the mouth water thinking of it lol

Matt

Norton, OH
Ohhhh it turned out good. Did up some french fries before hand, then did the turkey. The creole butter injector and the cajun shake were amazing! Holy cow, I will never eat another turkey again unless it is deep fried.

Question: Has anyone ever done wild fowl, like turkeys, ducks or geese in a fryer? Thoughts on how it would taste?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've not yet deep fried anything wild, but this year's spring gobbler is prepped for the fryer for Thanksgiving. I think wild turkey tastes just as good, if not better, than domestic turkey... so I would imagine deep frying it will turn out fantastic. Waterfowl, on the other hand, doesn't seem to me like it would be very good deep fried. I could be wrong. I just don't know how that greasy skin and dark meat would turn out.