Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season LIVE! - 2022 Edition

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
2DCB67C3-8B01-491C-893D-F23F2D8AC9FA.jpeg
69D948B8-520F-4163-8669-43786A93DF2E.jpeg
Made some new friends along the way too.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
9852932C-9328-4E64-A15B-0CAE6CDF05AD.jpeg

We went after the bird we called up at 4 yesterday. He and a bunch of others were roosted right where we called him up. Unfortunately, the only other person hunting the Wayne today was also there. So we bailed, found a few mushrooms coming off the hill. We are set up on a new ridge now but nothing is gobbling yet. Gonna quit about 10.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We sure did, Greg! I am whipped. No turkeys were harmed in the making of the good times.
Here is a pic of me impatiently waiting on my guide to get his crap together. Always waiting. This was our last set up. We walked about 50 yards from this spot and watched a turkey fly off a limb. No idea why that bird was still in the tree so late in the day. Crazy dang birds. If you try to apply logic when hunting these things you’ll simply go mad.
9EC6EBD6-AD18-4789-8BA0-40A31D76D64B.jpeg

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
We sure did, Greg! I am whipped. No turkeys were harmed in the making of the good times.
Here is a pic of me impatiently waiting on my guide to get his crap together. Always waiting. This was our last set up. We walked about 50 yards from this spot and watched a turkey fly off a limb. No idea why that bird was still in the tree so late in the day. Crazy dang birds. If you try to apply logic when hunting these things you’ll simply go mad.
Agreed! Since we moved into our home I have been able to watch undisturbed turkeys throughout the day many times. There is no rhyme or reason to what they do. They have no plan. Everything is Willy nilly. A butterfly can completely change their course. Their brain is the size of a peanut. They can’t reason or think. Just react. It is still a lot of fun to wreck their heads though.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A lone hen came by at five yards or so. Birds are still gobbling on the neighbors property. They roost and fool around over there most days before coming through our location.

Reactions: Spencie