Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season LIVE! - 2022 Edition

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got out of work early so got out here around 8:30. Had 4 hens go by about 20 mins ago..2 of them had beards..one around 7 inches the other 9ish. I have seen 3 bearded hens here this year.
Called one in at 15 yds. They all split up probably heading to their nests. Might make it out back out Sunday..
20220513_084018.jpg

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Cell cams suck!!! I got another pic so I went after him. Gobbling his fool head off. I get set up and makes some soft calls on the Sasquatch slate. He responds. I can tell he’s strutting back and forth across the little hollow then goes quiet. I’m thinking, oh yeah, game on. A few minutes later I get a cell cam notification. He left. Arg!!!! Back to the tractor.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Didn't make it out this morning. Possibly have a chance before the rain tomorrow. Hard to get motivated when I've only heard one bird all season and haven't seen a single tom . If all these busch lattes dont change my mind at 5 am I'll give it a shot . Good luck everyone 👍

Reactions: Sgt Fury

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We ran over to the neighbors. Didn’t hear any. I walked into a patch of woods to listen and bumped one off a limb. Other than the flapping wings, didn’t hear a thing. Home and headed back to bed.

Reactions: Bigcountry40

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ve heard a lot of gobbling beyond the borders. Nothing close to me. Tyler is on one on the other side of our place. Keep getting random pics where I’m sitting so I’m trying to be patient. Deer hunting for turkeys sucks.
I refuse to deer hunt for turkeys.lol if I can't work one and kill him then he wins that day.