Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season LIVE! - 2022 Edition

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Dang thats nice of you to save those 3 big ones for Tyler!!!!!

Nice #'s on the measurements too. He's definitely been around for awhile. Was ya calling much at all?
See you just got rewarded for getting rid of the fawn killer.

Reactions: Spencie

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Dang thats nice of you to save those 3 big ones for Tyler!!!!!

Nice #'s on the measurements too. He's definitely been around for awhile. Was ya calling much at all?
See you just got rewarded for getting rid of the fawn killer.
I never called at all. With all these older birds none of them wanted to come closer. They would gobble a lot but never move forward. This one didn't have a name. He would roost right on the edge of the property and fly down on the neighbor and always had hens in the morning. Later in the day he would venture on us by himself at random times. This morning one of his honeys led him the wrong way. He only gobbled one time after his fate was sealed. I was just waiting on him to clear one of the apple trees.
20#
12.5" Beard
1 5/16" & 1 1/8" Spurs

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Congratulations Mike! Well earned!
Thanks. I’m not sure how “well earned” it is. I put in the time for sure but that’s more of a sickness than anything. Cameras make me hate myself when I check them. Cell cameras have brought that hatred to real time. I do enjoy hunting them and prefer calling one from his roost tree to my lap in full strut. But if a Turkey wants to play dirty I’m good with doing whatever it takes to wreck his head. Even if that means sitting there silent for hours.

Big H

Medina
I was reading lonewolfs post and looked up and this guy was entering the orchard plot with a hen. He was strutting behind her about 15 yards. She actually saw me poke the gun out the window and panicked slightly. He gobbled when she got excited. Only time he ever said anything. He stayed in strut as she was walking off. I had to wait for him to clear an apple tree before I could shoot. I am not a patient man. But I’m very persistent.
View attachment 152168View attachment 152169
Awesome! Nice bird!

Some of you are probably ready to strangle that gobbler! :LOL:

1652805333720.png