Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vehicle Suggestions

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

BTW this thing also gets GREAT gas mileage!

No EPA restrictions like we have. It probably doesn't have 18 oxygen sensors, 5 catalytic convertors, EGR valves, etc... If they were made available here we would have one for the wife.

Beentown

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
Fuck Jeep! Fuck Chrysler. I would love to own one but it's almost like receiving stolen property under their new ownership.

Anyway.. Big+roomy+good gas mileage. looks like a minivan for you bub.

Orrrrrrr Look at a Diesel Truck. Sure price per gallon is a little more. But they hold resale like a mother fugger and get better mileage than a gas engine pound for pound.

I was looking at a 2005, Chevy 2,500 HD today with 95,000 miles on it.. Decked out. 4 door, leather, Bose, yada yada and it was still $29,000 "dealer price". Now THAT"S some resale on a 5 year old truck with 95k on it. I didn't see that coming. .. A fuggin Gas trucks drops like 15% the first year and 8% every year for the first 5

that cuz it a chevy cuz :smiley_cigar:

Geezer

*Hims a Super Moderator*
QUOTE=Milo;15216]lowest owner cost is toyota...wife and i picked up a tundra crew with 36K on it for 16...got 17mpg on a trip to the carolinas at 75 mph. Plenty of room for our two kids under 5[/QUOTE]

service stations up here in da flatz doan sell rice - dang :smiley_cigar:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Chuck??? Where is the sliding door? How do you get in the back? Is it a utility van?

P.S. My posts are going into cyber ether every once in a while.

Beentown

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
that cuz it a chevy cuz :smiley_cigar:

Why? That it held it's price? Doan make me laugh geezer. The only thing "that cuz it a chevy cuz" shold follow is like this..

SHIT my truck fell apart... "that cuz it a chevy cuz" :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Chuck??? Where is the sliding door? How do you get in the back? Is it a utility van?

P.S. My posts are going into cyber ether every once in a while.

Beentown

You mean like not posting? Or disappearing? Sure you posted them. I have caught myself a few times writing it up and forgetting to post it because it's inline.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I'm going to just throw the gas mileage concern right out the window. Currently, my ranger gets about 19 mpg, so going to a full size truck isn't going to be much worse than that. I test drove a truck yesterday... 2005 Silverado 2500 HD Ext cab... 45k miles... $19,000. It rode o.k., but was definitely a work truck... all bare bones everything. It just reassured me that I really dislike chevy trucks, though. I've been a Ford guy all my life, and this truck just didn't get my blood pumping. I really don't know if I could live my life without having a truck. I just do too many things that require throwing shit in the back that a van or SUV would be a pain in the ass.

rrr

I come from a long line of GM families but I gotta admit that I like those Powerstrokes.

Throwing out a suggestion from way outside - what about a Subaru Outback or Forester? AWD, decent gas mileage, kid friendly, room in the back...our family friend's have one - ya just throw the deer on top and go!

Id recomend a 4x4 toyota Tacoma quad cab since you have kids. I have a ext cab 2010 TRD v6 with a five speed trans and if I drive it nice I get between 20-25 mpg with the cover on. The other thing is they hold their value really well.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
No EPA restrictions like we have. It probably doesn't have 18 oxygen sensors, 5 catalytic convertors, EGR valves, etc... If they were made available here we would have one for the wife.

Beentown

Japan has some pretty strict EPA rules so I'd bet it would be fine in the USA.

Beentown

Other side and the rear opens too.