Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well said. I too believe that one of the freedoms I served to protect is free speech. With that right comes responsibility though. If there are indeed rules that were broken they should be enforced.

I also have the right to free speech. I still get chills every time the national anthem is played. I cannot imagine not standing and showing respect for our colors. I get ticked when I see guys not take their hats off for the playing of our anthem. I have been known to express my free speech to those people.
Right on. We served to give them their rights. With those rights come ramifications. I'm okay with then not standing. Hope they are okay with zero respect given back to them. They don't deserve it. What a bunch of pukes. It disgusts me.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I love my flag and I love my country. I love our freedoms and rights. I do not agree with how they are going about this, but I don't think they care that they are losing respect. Its all about the paycheck and attention. I love sports, but mainly college, not so much pro. Ive never liked the Steelers, but now I really hate them. Alejandra Villanueva was the only one that came out of the locker room for the Anthem. He was a Captain in the US ARMY and a Ranger, I expected nothing less from him. I wish they weren't giving these players so much attention for what they are doing. Fuck em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AEkfjc6-o

Gordo

Athens County
I love my flag and I love my country. I love our freedoms and rights. I do not agree with how they are going about this, but I don't think they care that they are losing respect. Its all about the paycheck and attention. I love sports, but mainly college, not so much pro. Ive never liked the Steelers, but now I really hate them. Alejandra Villanueva was the only one that came out of the locker room for the Anthem. He was a Captain in the US ARMY and a Ranger, I expected nothing less from him. I wish they weren't giving these players so much attention for what they are doing. Fuck em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AEkfjc6-o

What are these ass clowns trying to accomplish is my question? That's all they got? Takeing a fuckin knee or staying in the locker room for the national anthem? The damn media has them thinking there actually 'doing' something. Stupid bullshit. do something relevant that is going to have a direct result to your cause and quit the other bullshit. Same problem exist with a shit TON of people in are country. Everyone wants to have these big opinions on what's wrong and how to fix the problems; yet, most are not willing to change a single fuckin thing in their life( aka actually DOING something). Argh. Rant over

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What are these ass clowns trying to accomplish is my question? That's all they got? Takeing a fuckin knee or staying in the locker room for the national anthem? The damn media has them thinking there actually 'doing' something. Stupid bullshit. do something relevant that is going to have a direct result to your cause and quit the other bullshit. Same problem exist with a shit TON of people in are country. Everyone wants to have these big opinions on what's wrong and how to fix the problems; yet, most are not willing to change a single fuckin thing in their life( aka actually DOING something). Argh. Rant over

Exactly....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro

We've been at war since 2001....what has the general public sacrificed?
Other than those who have deployed and their families, I'd say not much of anything. I can't think of one thing.
I will say unequivocally that I have not been asked or forced to sacrifice anything for the country's war effort.

In WWII the whole country sacrificed - ration tickets for gas, rubber, and any number of other commodities that were needed for the war effort. People bought bonds. People grew gardens, and everybody knew every day that the country was at war. It affected every single American. And we were in it to win it. And united.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for the veterans who have served from Korea to the present day, but our government has screwed the pooch from then until now, sacrificing our service people (who deserved far more support) in half-hearted efforts to manage political wars. We have lacked the resolve to follow thru to a win.

We could discuss the reasons for going to certain lines and stopping, limiting troop allocations, untenable ROE's etc.
Bottom line is we, governmentally and as a nation, have lacked the resolve to flat-out stomp the shit out of our enemies.

But the general population sits happily in front of their TV's watching Dancing with the Stars, NFL/NBA/ESPN, Entertainment Tonight, and can tell you who Taylor Swift is dating but don't know the names of both of their state senators. They're happy as long as the world keeps on spinning.

If you didn't see 60 Minutes last Sunday, go look it up and watch the round-table discussion of citizens conducted by Oprah Winfrey. She actually did a very good job of moderating the discussion. I was surprised that near the end of the segment, people expressed their fears about the deep divisions within the country leading to a civil war. CBS actually aired normal citizens talking about the possibility of civil war. I couldn't believe they didn't censor that. Good for them.

Yep, you guys are right, vote with your pocketbooks, and forego the NFL.
Unless they get it right and respect their country and their customers.
NFL players have the same right to speak their mind as I do, but they should show respect for the land that afforded them their opportunity. Protest on your own time, not on mine. When you're on that field, you're on MY time. I can take my business elsewhere, you're not the only game in town.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
As always Dan a very good post!

As for the possibility of Civil War. At this point I do not believe that it's a possibility, I believe it is inevitable. If we go back through history or even just the last 100 years we can see the inevitable results of division. The populace of a country divided does not suddenly decide to put away their differences and live in harmony. Never have opposing sides continued to live in such strife. America is currently a tinderbox awaiting a spark.

We've seen this in Germany, the former Soviet Union, countless Middle Eastern countries, South America, and numerous African nations. We are not immune simply because of our advanced nature. If history has ever taught us anything it is that even the great nations will fall. Division of this magnitude has only ever been solved with blood, it is the inevitable result.

It will be a sad time in America's history, one that we will be looked at and judged by for centuries to come. America will continue, though in what capacity has yet to be seen.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_9986.JPG