Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well the VA is making it so difficult that I may just drop it. The company they use to schedule a medical evaluation wants to send me to Pennsylvania, Maryland or Delaware. Told them I live in NJ and to find something closer. They said they can send me anywhere within 100 miles. No compassion at all. Then they sent it back to the VA for me refusing to take one of those locations. Now when I call the local VA, they say shit like…can’t talk now, my lunch is in five minutes…or I have a dentist appointment so you’ll have to call back…or it’s not my job to schedule you-and when I say I am aware of this and just need you to refer it to scheduling, they tell me they have someone waiting on them and I’ll have to call back. I’ve been trying for two months and I’m about ready to quit. Five phone calls the past two days and all were deflected…can’t get anyone to help.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Well the VA is making it so difficult that I may just drop it. The company they use to schedule a medical evaluation wants to send me to Pennsylvania, Maryland or Delaware. Told them I live in NJ and to find something closer. They said they can send me anywhere within 100 miles. No compassion at all. Then they sent it back to the VA for me refusing to take one of those locations. Now when I call the local VA, they say shit like…can’t talk now, my lunch is in five minutes…or I have a dentist appointment so you’ll have to call back…or it’s not my job to schedule you-and when I say I am aware of this and just need you to refer it to scheduling, they tell me they have someone waiting on them and I’ll have to call back. I’ve been trying for two months and I’m about ready to quit. Five phone calls the past two days and all were deflected…can’t get anyone to help.
Call the VA center you have been dealing with and ask to speak to the patient advocate. There should be one at every VA center. If it is a small clinic it will be tied to a larger VA medical facility. The patient advocate should be able to help you resolve the issue.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Hopefully the advocate can help you. The local VA here is garbage as well . I dropped everything and quit going and just do my best to self medicate at home for the issues I have . It works most of the time some not. It's a shame a few years back it looked promising when alot of them cleaned house and replaced alot of the shit employees but it seems now you're just another number and inconvenience to their work days. I know quite a few that take advantage of the system with bullshit stories that never happened and made up ailments and then collect 100 percent and sit at home and purposely skip appointments yet they're catered to by the VA. Definitely a flawed system for sure I wish you the best of luck brother

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Hopefully the advocate can help you. The local VA here is garbage as well . I dropped everything and quit going and just do my best to self medicate at home for the issues I have . It works most of the time some not. It's a shame a few years back it looked promising when alot of them cleaned house and replaced alot of the shit employees but it seems now you're just another number and inconvenience to their work days. I know quite a few that take advantage of the system with bullshit stories that never happened and made up ailments and then collect 100 percent and sit at home and purposely skip appointments yet they're catered to by the VA. Definitely a flawed system for sure I wish you the best of luck brother
You would think there would be a better system for Veterans. I have been fairly lucky so far. I think a lot of it depends on the VA center. Seems the ones that are in metropolitan areas are the worst. The ones that are in more rural locations seem better. I hope they really clean them up someday. Of course I have been waiting for a week now for them to call me and setup a MRI.

Stressless

Keene, OH
George - Pls PM with your contact # - Let's chat a bit. I and others -^^ - have had the same B.S. by the phone answering pogs at the VA. It can be a big ol' jolt to the system when you are in the right and doing what's right and get sh@t on by the org that is mandated to help you.

+1 on the patient advocate, get one on-line, get their name and # - get a DTG on when they will get back you. Note that the VA pays you by the mile (not for the time) from your HOR to the place they schedule. It covers a little bit of the cost. My guess is many VA employees are still in Federally mandated defensive crouch due to Biden's CoVid Exec Order to Federal workers... Not an excuse but just observing the environment.

I've used this line once to report a local VA Community Care office manager that was a horrible person and focused her bullshit at vets.... and she was military spouse. They got on it and removed her and the local Dr office from the Community Care program. People ...

Start with, "Five phone calls the past two days and all were deflected…can’t get anyone to help." Makes my blood boil.
---------------------------------------------
- but dude call the hotline to work thru the 5 W's.

1649811451920.png

-----------------------------------

She felt like the Veteran’s hospital let her down.
“Nobody listened and nobody cared,” Stiltner remembered the lowest moment in her life.

One other story of this IG like VA hotline... https://www.wowktv.com/news/special-reports/white-house-hotline-helps-veterans-in-need/1779505106/

Last edited: