Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veterans of TOO.COM

I got pulled for a "random" every time.

1658871282520.png

Stressless

Keene, OH
My grandpa was a 101st 504th "Devils in Baggy Pants" survivor of Bastogne with 3 combat drops, he was with them from the outset in North Africa so the great story in the video below I actually heard from my grandpa in 1988-89 as a division mith. It was not long after I was commissioned... It was only after that he'd share his combat experiences with me. I just fell across this story surfing tonight. When you have an hour, pour a dirnk, and let master story teller Vincent regile you with a poingint life/war story. I'm smiling at grandpa through a little mist... the mith was real. 🍺🍻

WWII 101st Airborne Paratrooper Vincent Speranza’s Story of Combat and his Famed Bastogne Beer Run.​

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My grandpa was a 101st 504th "Devils in Baggy Pants" survivor of Bastogne with 3 combat drops, he was with them from the outset in North Africa so the great story in the video below I actually heard from my grandpa in 1988-89 as a division mith. It was not long after I was commissioned... It was only after that he'd share his combat experiences with me. I just fell across this story surfing tonight. When you have an hour, pour a dirnk, and let master story teller Vincent regile you with a poingint life/war story. I'm smiling at grandpa through a little mist... the mith was real. 🍺🍻

WWII 101st Airborne Paratrooper Vincent Speranza’s Story of Combat and his Famed Bastogne Beer Run.​

That was a very interesting story he had. I had a lot of older WWII friends when I was younger. Always enjoyed their stories and just letting them talk because they had a connection with me being in the military. Not that I did anything close too what most of them did. But you could see the look on their face change when a funny story lead into a not so funny story and they’d change the subject.

Reactions: Stressless

Stressless

Keene, OH
J, yup, never really knew my grandpa was soldier until after I was in.. I think he told me some of the stories to forwarn this young shavetail. Vincent's emotional thoughts on what his father told him on shipping out got me good....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
https://www.fcc.gov/988-suicide-and-crisis-lifeline

Today, “988” is the three-digit, nationwide phone number to connect directly to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. By calling or texting 988, you’ll connect with mental health professionals with the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Veterans can press “1” after dialing 988 to connect directly to the Veterans Crisis Lifeline which serves our nation’s Veterans, service members, National Guard and Reserve members, and those who support them. For texts, Veterans should continue to text the Veterans Crisis Lifeline short code: 838255.

Alright, they’re finally making things easier.
988 for the non vets and 988 and press 1 when promoted. Really need too spread the word.