Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vortex rifle scope FAILURE!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Crossfire II 2-7x32 on my AR .450 Bushmaster.
Sighted in before deer gun
Day 1 and 2 I missed 4 and grazed one in the face.
Sighted in again and was 6" off high and right.
Saturday of gun I shot a BB's elbows off. Aimed at the vitals.
Sighted in yesterday and the internals of the scope rotated. I sent it in for warranty today.
I've never had a scope fail before.
IMG_20191215_132410464.jpg
IMG_20191215_132346024_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191215_131915012.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla

Chass

The Hills
That is a bummer but at least their warranty is awesome. You coulda ran it over and sent em a box of parts and they will take care of you. Not too many manufacturers of anything will do that. I've seen more than one person buy damaged/beat up vortex stuff for dirt cheap to just send it in and get a new one.

Jamie

Ohio
pisser. when it comes to glass, I'm inclined to spend as much as I possibly can as I do believe you get what you pay for. buy once, cry once. it's hard to argue against their warranty, but that won't remedy your aggravation and misery, only gets you a new scope. hope it works out for you, Mike.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
pisser. when it comes to glass, I'm inclined to spend as much as I possibly can as I do believe you get what you pay for. buy once, cry once. it's hard to argue against their warranty, but that won't remedy your aggravation and misery, only gets you a new scope. hope it works out for you, Mike.
You're right. No matter the warranty, it's still Chicom.

I don't trust anything from vortex unless it is from their viper or razor product lines. Vortex scopes have some nice features they have more adjustment compared to competitors similar priced scopes. However vortex scopes are heavy which is a big turn off to me.

Reactions: Mike

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
YA know, Its a shame it happened but it happens. Vortex makes a quality product and I'm sure they will make it right. Mechanical failures happen, even with quality manufactures.
I had the same thing happen on a Leupold fixed scope on my 44 Redhawk. Some years later a rubber "O" ring sheared on the inside and left the piece 1/3 way across my inside field of view. (Of course they fixed it and expressed it back)

Reactions: Gern186

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Perhaps I torqued out of sync and since I have a two piece mount it failed. I don't know what happened...