Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well it’s official

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The wife headed north this morning, dogs were wreaking havoc, she felt guilty an left early. I stick around for some deliveries and those showed up so I’m heading north in the morning....
PODS shows up Saturday and start loading it up Sunday... Should go fairly quick, have them pick it up and head south again in time for Stroud’s get together.... Take off Sunday and head too NC.... Have a few trips back and forth while we list the house up there and then it’s permanent.... Looking forward too a good nights sleep on our new bed.... Supposed too be down too *49 tonight, should be a comfortable night...

@Clay Showalter next years Stroud’s get together I’m dragging your butt north with me.... No excuses 😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Spent the weekend down in NC at the new place, got some things done. Beds, washer an dryer, and some exterior lights dialed in. Brought a trailer full of items I couldn’t ship or fit in the POD and a buddy came down a day later and spent the weekend with us. Did a couple plumbing jobs and fired up the fire place too see how it worked and burned off the dust before it got too cold and with the windows opened. Worked great and would actually be able too heat most of the house with it in a pinch. Good too know if things went awry.
Dogs are like crack heads running around with the extra room. Unfortunately the shepherd likes chasing critters who know the lay of the land and where the barbed wire fence run. She doesn’t and has found it twice with her snout. She’ll either learn or have a perpetual scab on her snout. She is a stubborn bitch 😂
Returned too Ohio for some final touches on the old place today, I left 70* for low 50’s 😂 Hope too have everything buttoned up by Thursday and head back south until gun season up here when I’ll be back up for the week. Looking forward too some deer hunting. I’m going through withdrawals and relying on y’all too keep me distracted by your postings 😂
Everything is going well so far, it’s gone remarkably well transitioning down there. Better than I had hoped for, so far. Lowe’s has been my hangout since I’ve been down there, seems I’m in there daily 😂 Nothing major just changing things too our taste so far. He wife decorated the spare bath too deer hunting which shocked the shit outta me, in a good way. Gotta love her for that 😂
When I leave Thursday I’ll be towing the boat down with me, which will help with some of the things I’m bringing down 😂gotta love deck tie downs they’ll work perfect. Staining floors and hanging a few handrails this week and then I’m out. Kids are coming for thanksgiving so I’m pumped about that. We haven’t been together for a thanksgiving in a few years. Xmas will be another that I’m looking forward too.
Got a busy week ahead and will try to check in and see what’s what with y’alls deer hunting adventures. Good luck too you all....

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Looks like everything is coming together rather well for you 'J'. I'm happy for you and your family. Have safe travels heading back to your new home. Keep us posted like you have been. I look forward to reading all about it.

Take care!

Reactions: finelyshedded

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Great update J. Your a brave soul, chasing your dream and seeing it thru,then sharing it with us!! It was great catching up with you at Strouds for the short time I was there. Good luck and keep the positive updates coming l!

Reactions: 5Cent

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great update J. Your a brave soul, chasing your dream and seeing it thru,then sharing it with us!! It was great catching up with you at Strouds for the short time I was there. Good luck and keep the positive updates coming l!
Thanks buddy, it has been a helluva ride so far.... I’ll keep this updated as we progress.
My current project today. Taking a break and then hanging a hand rail leading down to the basement. This is at the old place here in Ohio
CB8FF3FC-0392-49AF-A155-2565264D0C25.jpeg