Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What are your summer goals?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I was just putting my "to do" list together last week...

* Knock on a few doors before turkey season starts on April 18th. Maybe if I get lucky and land a spot close to home, I'll get out and do some turkey hunting this spring. If not, oh well.
* Try to gain one new property to bow hunt this fall by June.
* Try to gain at least one new property to hunt geese on this fall.
* Decoys - Get some of the guys together in July to touch up the paint on the goose decoys.
* Timber - Take him out at least twice a month, to different areas for advanced training drills.
* Tree stands - repaint my hang on stand & ladder sticks from the M-1 property, and check it's overall condition.
* Life Lines - make life line / prusik knot systems to leave in place for each stand site I plan to set up next season.
* Maximize the performance of my bow. (The is a whole other subject I'll probably write about in greater detail later)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
None for me. I have some business plans I want to pursue a little farther. Otherwise, just try to spend as much time outdoors with my family as possible. More dirt biking, let them shoot their youth bow a bit more, maybe introduce a bb gun. I guess my goal is to spend more time with my family.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
When I was trying to sharpen my skills with a baitcaster, I would take a heavy weighted skirt jig and cut the hook off of it, so I just had the weight and the skirt. I would put a five gallon bucket out in the yard and walk around it at different distances and try to cast into the bucket.

Actually pretty entertaining to do you with your buddies when their is nothing else going on. Couldn't believe how much it improved my skills.

Same concept, but different scenario. This is how I got to know my pitching wedge real well.

As for my schedule. I know there is more to do than there is time. So I will hope in one hand.... and well I think you know the rest.

I definitely want to learn more about 2 specific properties before opening day roles around in Sept. I would also like to do some food plots, we will see how the finances work out for that. I also have 2 trail cameras now. This is something that I have never had before so I am sure this will be something different for me.

I want to get out and shoot my bow a lot more this summer with the family, and also be prepared to do some early season with the recurve.

I am going to give round 2 a try for some spring turkey. Hopefully this year I fill my tag.

The honey do list at the house is way to long and that will determine how much of my hunting list gets taken care of.

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Now if summer would only get here. I love the snow, but this rain to snow shit has to stop!

There are some great ideas/plans that have been posted and I wish everyone the best in getting their's done.

Buckrun

I just want to spend an afternoon standing behind watching the girl in Schu72's Avatar shooting her bow in the same top she has on in the picture! Heck I could watch all day.