Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do for the deer today?

Well...it’s February now and I still haven’t done a thing. Probably go grab some bird seed mix and corn today. Feed the local wildlife here at the house. With all the rain and swinging temps, I haven’t put anything out in a while. I should be on the search for clover seed and MAKE time to go to Athens.
Check around local as alot of local feed mills and stuff will sell clover or be able to get it in. Alot of times it is cheaper than ordering online.

Same here other than filling carts up at rural king and tsc with clearance items. I did start my dunstan chestnut seeds yesterday though. I have a small bag of nuts left that I didn’t plant if anyone wants them. They are ready to go I am guessing there’s about a dozen I could count them to be sure if anyone’s interested.

Attachments

• F68124B1-7CC1-4A07-A252-C22D441C42AE.jpeg
    F68124B1-7CC1-4A07-A252-C22D441C42AE.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 372

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Well...it’s February now and I still haven’t done a thing. Probably go grab some bird seed mix and corn today. Feed the local wildlife here at the house. With all the rain and swinging temps, I haven’t put anything out in a while. I should be on the search for clover seed and MAKE time to go to Athens.
Road trip!!??

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Same here other than filling carts up at rural king and tsc with clearance items. I did start my dunstan chestnut seeds yesterday though. I have a small bag of nuts left that I didn’t plant if anyone wants them. They are ready to go I am guessing there’s about a dozen I could count them to be sure if anyone’s interested.
I'd plant them if you're sure you won't use them. Tree Farm is getting clear cut. This would be timed right. Let me know.

Not sure I know when I researched stratification there had to be holes so they could breathe and not mold up and rot. They are stratified now so really I just need to ship them they will start sprouting as soon as they warm up.

Got a truck load of corn from the elevator for them today. We have had about a foot of snow on the ground for a month or so and all the wildlife is having a hard time. Hung a cam on it too. Any guesses on how many deer I’ll get in one pic???
View attachment 74700View attachment 74701

I will say 0. You probably forgot to turn the camera on when you set it up. :ROFLMAO: