Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What did you do wrong...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I didn't see anything wrong.. I sent Ernie a Pm asking if I missed something. You drinking Ernie? LOL

rrr

My bad, caught me at a bad moment. Dug this one up to make up for it.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
on day 2 I decided to use my climber, Man did I forget how much cnoise you make setingthat thing up if your not careful and pay attention to what you are doing.

I use a bow hanger that you have to screw a threaded stud into the tree, its shaped like a T with on side of the top part being threaded to go into the wood and the other side has a machined thread that you slip the hanger over and put a nut on it to hold the hanger in place. the vertical part of the T is a post to help screw it in.
(kinda hard to describe I'll try and post a pic later)
any way, I got into position ,screwed the T into the tre, placed the hanger over the threaded part and dropped the nut.

I watched it fall all 20 or so feet to the ground, it was like that scene in a christmas story where ralphie and his dad are changing the tire and the lug nuts go flying...

...oh fudge....

had to improvise, had a screw in tree step in my pack so I used that instead.

the last oops i had was forgetting how much time it takes to climb down, pack up, fold up and strap the climber together. I was getting pretty good at it by the end of last season, guess I'm a little out of practice.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Smooth as silk man. Other than the deer not doing what we needed her to do, it was flawless. Well, I did dress kinda light and was a touch cold around 9AM. But that was it...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Couldn't find my groundblind in the dark Sat morning. Gave up and sat my ass down until it got light. Thought to myself "I should go to the courthouse Monday and change my name to J.J. Stumblefuck."

My bad, caught me at a bad moment. Dug this one up to make up for it.

Its cool Ernie..I would like to know more about..What i did..Or how it provoked your comment..You can PM me if you prefer to not say it in public..
Couldn't find my groundblind in the dark Sat morning. Gave up and sat my ass down until it got light. Thought to myself "I should go to the courthouse Monday and change my name to J.J. Stumblefuck."

LMAO..funny stuff

haleybrock

Well, opening morning I had 2 does come in below me and I get ready. I draw before they move up the finger and then happen to notice a huge doe had come up the hill beside me at 15 yds. I swing on the big doe and am facing the tree as she is now behind me. I have her quartering away at 20 yds, settle the pin, hit the release and hear this terrible sound. Then, I see the arrow land 5 ft short. My bottom cam had hit my treestand seat (summit climber). I reach for another arrow as one below me is still in range. I go to draw back and can't draw. The string had come off the bottom cam. Dang. If only I had set the seat a little lower or taken a step forward or back.:smiley_breakdance:

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I WIN

I got home tonight and wanted to go check the cam at my apple pile.. Since the rain had everything soaked it was the perfect evening for stalking all ninja like down trails.. So I got my shit together. Grabbed the spare SD Card and headed out to the property 4 miles away..

I got to the property and got my stuff on. Put on my boots. And looked around like WTF :smiley_chinrub::smiley_chinrub::smiley_chinrub:

YEP...

I left the whole fuggin bow at the house! :smiley_blackeye:

As swantucky would say

FUCKTARD!

I figured i would see the monster on my walk to the cam, i even picked up a hedge apple to throw at him. . But i didn't see a deer, maybe even Murphy's law was feeling sorry for me.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
i win

i got home tonight and wanted to go check the cam at my apple pile.. Since the rain had everything soaked it was the perfect evening for stalking all ninja like down trails.. So i got my shit together. Grabbed the spare sd card and headed out to the property 4 miles away..

I got to the property and got my stuff on. Put on my boots. And looked around like wtf :smiley_chinrub::smiley_chinrub::smiley_chinrub:

Yep...

I left the whole fuggin bow at the house. :smiley_blackeye:

As swantucky would say

fucktard!

I figured i would see the monster on my walk to the cam, i even picked up a hedge apple to throw at him. . But i didn't see a deer, maybe even murphy's law was feeling sorry for me.

THE KING HAS RETURNED !!!!

I have come very close to doing that very thing more then once lol :D.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Well, I rocked a doe this evening. I was excited that it would make my 2nd successful hunt to film or my first self filmed hunt, only to watch the footage and find my coat blocked the shot by about 2 inches. Self fliming is a bitch.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Well, I rocked a doe this evening. I was excited that it would make my 2nd successful hunt to film or my first self filmed hunt, only to watch the footage and find my coat blocked the shot by about 2 inches. Self fliming is a bitch.

That sucks dude. Better than the night I had. What did I do wrong? Put on my jacket...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Well forgot my gloves again for the 3rd straight hunt... sucks when you dish out the money for a nice pack but your dumbass can't remember to put all your gear in it before leaving the house!! :)