Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What makes someone a "survivialist"?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Offer "protection" to those academics Beener.

Fugg that I would be go all Tina Turner in Madmax...they (academics and individuals who think you could just "get by") would be shoveling the pigshit under my Masterblasters whip (hornwilly on hucks back) lmao

Dang to bad I can't photoshop on my phone. I would take a pic of huck and willy and impose them on masterblaster!

So add to the mix, I see a new trend happening with more people calling themselves "Preppers". Beyond the obvious cliche of the conservative soccer mom stockpiling items from Wal-mart. Is there a difference between preppers and survivalists in terms of their motivations?

Huckleberry Finn

Fugg that I would be go all Tina Turner in Madmax...they (academics and individuals who think you could just "get by") would be shoveling the pigshit under my Masterblasters whip (hornwilly on hucks back) lmao

Dang to bad I can't photoshop on my phone. I would take a pic of huck and willy and impose them on masterblaster!

SMH bro. Don't be hatin me and Willy

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Huck and Hornwilly I didn't intend that you were a real life version. After reading again it came off derogatory and that wasn't the purpose.

Huck is just a big ole farm boy that is loyal and Josh is a bit shorter and smart as hell. ;)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Preppers? I would not consider them "survivalists." I would look at that more as "hoarders" or "overly prepared people" or "those fearing the end". Here is what I know. When the end comes, we are not going to change anything. We are not going to stop it. We are not suppose to fight it. We are to go about our business and not add to the chaos. Look it up. If not mistaken, I believe that was in Revelations. If people are stockpiling in efforts to avoid the end, then it is not canned goods they should be stocking up on, but rather faith is what they should have.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I think the ones that are prepping...well...it isn't for rapture. Lol. You can do both at the same time though lmao

More like economic unrest or some rogue group turning the power off for a couple weeks.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think the ones that are prepping...well...it isn't for rapture. Lol. You can do both at the same time though lmao

More like economic unrest or some rogue group turning the power off for a couple weeks.

gotcha. Hadn't thought about them. Not that I haven't considered this possibility, but most you hear talking about all the "signs". Whatever. If it happens, it happens. Why stock up? I will be more worried about defending my family and fighting off any mooches wanting anything we have stocked up. FWIW, we don't have extra stocked up for this reason. friggin' MIL told my wife a couple weeks ago, "Well if something happens, we will just have to come over to your house since you canned last summer." Screw that. Your lack of preparation and laziness is not our problem. We have our own kids to feed. lmao

tuffshot

The Crew
With today’s economy, we’re all “survivalists”. lol Do we not have the desire to live while facing difficulty? I’m a survivalist until I’m dead is the way I see it.

Exactically, from the homeless, to the guy living in the van down by the river, to the drug addict. Even the family who has abandoned a foreclosed home.
No matter what ones position in life is or once was, the act of survival reveals itself once challenged.

saddlepants

central Ohio
No matter what ones position in life is or once was, the act of survival reveals itself once challenged.

I agree. Preppers are simply people who are not in fact survivalist but those who are panicked and dont know how they will live without all these certain things they think they will need to survive. Survivalist will survive with what they are left with and go from there - even if its nothing. I know preppers and horders and it consumes their whole life now. How is that a way to live. Im thinkin the only thing I would like to keep horded in my pocket is a firestarter. Dont need it but its small enough to carry forever yet HUge on provision, for what its worth.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
gotcha. Hadn't thought about them. Not that I haven't considered this possibility, but most you hear talking about all the "signs". Whatever. If it happens, it happens. Why stock up? I will be more worried about defending my family and fighting off any mooches wanting anything we have stocked up. FWIW, we don't have extra stocked up for this reason. friggin' MIL told my wife a couple weeks ago, "Well if something happens, we will just have to come over to your house since you canned last summer." Screw that. Your lack of preparation and laziness is not our problem. We have our own kids to feed. lmao

I told you my plan. I don't stock up provisions. Seems like a hassle, you have to rotate stock, check this, check that. Blaahhhhhh. No thanks..

I just keep a mental note of about 3-4 Mormon families in the area.... Mormons stock up for the end of times. The church even helps them... So when the shtf. Find some Mormons and roll em. It's like the grasshopper letting the ant do all the work, then kicking the ants ass.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I told you my plan. I don't stock up provisions. Seems like a hassle, you have to rotate stock, check this, check that. Blaahhhhhh. No thanks..

I just keep a mental note of about 3-4 Mormon families in the area.... Mormons stock up for the end of times. The church even helps them... So when the shtf. Find some Mormons and roll em. It's like the grasshopper letting the ant do all the work, then kicking the ants ass.

Definition of irony- MIL is a freaking mormon. Raised 7 kids to be mormon. 2 of them still attend the church. 4 of them don't attend church at all. One of them goes to the Lutheran church with me. On a positive note, I have met a ton of mormons through my wife and her family. We would be aight!

Diablo54

Outside
lmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

:smiley_crocodile:

Well done. I'm rolling with Joe when shit goes down...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH