Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What you do for work

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just ending my latest chapter working for parks and watercraft as a maintenance/janitorial at a local park.

Next chapter starts on the 15th of October doing maintenance repair for a state agency. Will be union and working 10-20hrs of OT per week so I'll have 20-40hrs OT per pay. That will last from now until February before it slows down for a short time just to ramp up again off and on all summer.

Comp time check next year will pay for my black bear trip to Fletch's place lol.
My how times changed in such a short order. Stupid covid screwed me out of that new job and forced me to be resilient. I went back to the state park until the end of the 2020 camping season where I found myself taking a new longer prospect at the local school. Started in custodial position in November and finished the school year. Started stripping floors and clearing out classrooms and was almost done when a maintenance position opened up. Moved into that spot only to find they completely changed job duties from the position I actually applied for. I'm still in maintenance but I'm cleaning central office, football stadium locker room, stadium bathrooms, weight room, and painting the lines on the varsity football field and soccer field as well as 5 practice fields. Complete bs for one person to do let alone one not expecting it.

Long story short...I am going back to the state position in my original post.

Jamie

Ohio
days like today I really wish the biggest thing I had to fear is getting Covid again. days like today I wish I had a helper. erecting an extension ladder on a 12/12 roof and climbing to the top of it has a pucker factor in a league of it's own.

IMG_3552.jpg

luckily nothing bad happened since my spotter Babbs wasn't very concerned with my safety.

IMG_3550.jpg

I'm ready to stop this madness and go deer hunting.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
days like today I really wish the biggest thing I had to fear is getting Covid again. days like today I wish I had a helper. erecting an extension ladder on a 12/12 roof and climbing to the top of it has a pucker factor in a league of it's own.

View attachment 136290

luckily nothing bad happened since my spotter Babbs wasn't very concerned with my safety.

View attachment 136291

If I were closer I'd have been your wing man or wing nut...🤔

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner

View attachment 136290

View attachment 136291

😳 you need a roof ladder to slide up that roof to walk it instead of that sketchy fully extended 24.

Hogmister13

I don't work...Biden gives me all the money I need settin at the house🤷‍♂️

J/K ....I work for the very government that screws us... I'm an officer at the Federal prison.

Jamie

Ohio
😳 you need a roof ladder to slide up that roof to walk it instead of that sketchy fully extended 24.
I have hooks with casters to make whatever size roof ladder I need, but it would have been even more of a hassle to get it out and set up. that's a fully extended 32, btw, that I needed to drag over there to get above the window, anyway. really nothing sketchy about that set up. feet up and rails buried in the soft ground, and the damn thing weighs almost as much as me. that ladder not going anywhere. just as safe and comfortable as roof ladder. the sketchy part is that 16 with one of the levelers fully extended sitting on a Pivot, seated in a roof boot that is screwed into the roof with 4 2" screws.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Over 22 years now at the same place. 2 months ago we all thought we were getting laid off and the business closing, come in Monday and on unlimited hours into next year with a promising looking year ahead. Go figure, always happens the beginning of October just about every year I've been here.
Great to hear!

Reactions: Big_Holla