Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's For Dinner?

Gordo

Athens County
Mouth watering. Good job air Gordo.

I have Been rocking the 'air gordo assaults' with this weather lately. Life be good.

Beautiful feets. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: MoonLab

Jamie

Ohio
Finito'd!

Thanks Jamie!

right on, Gordo! rice and mushrooms is excellent bedding for venison medallions. looks superb. whenever I pan sear thin venison chops like this I usually always cook portabella mushrooms real fast in the same skillet and then deglaze with the mushrooms still in the pan, top the medallions with mushrooms and wine reduction, sometimes all over rice, but usually beside mashed potatoes.

Jesse, I'm waiting on Rinella's book to come available at the library. I'm reading 7 habits right now. Nancy reading one of Pollan's books. "In Defense of food", I think.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
right on, Gordo! rice and mushrooms is excellent bedding for venison medallions. looks superb. whenever I pan sear thin venison chops like this I usually always cook portabella mushrooms real fast in the same skillet and then deglaze with the mushrooms still in the pan, top the medallions with mushrooms and wine reduction, sometimes all over rice, but usually beside mashed potatoes.

Jesse, I'm waiting on Rinella's book to come available at the library. I'm reading 7 habits right now. Nancy reading one of Pollan's books. "In Defense of food", I think.
All great choices. Enjoy!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
One of my goals this year was to have 80% of my calories for the year qualify as "clean" eating. So far, I'm on pace to make that happen despite a rough few weeks to start the year. I'm still fasting on Mondays and came off a 20 hour fast with this meal. A 1# chicken breast with bacon and southwest cheese over rice and quinoa with my favorite version of asparagus. I also had a massive spinach salad with cheese, maters, red onion and egg. Feel like a new man after this meal!

IMG_20180319_190319_967.jpg

Reactions: MoonLab and Jamie