Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1439068760531.jpg

Killed my old weed infested clover plot off, tilled it up and planted purple top turnips, also broadcasted a little whitetail institute pure attraction last weekend. Haven't had any rain and the little Fugger's are popping up!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am in the same boat Chad. Been slammed with rain all spring. Dries out the last few weeks. I finally got onto my property with a skid loader and cleared out an area we had been dumping branches, clippings, junk fill dirt, etc. Got it cleaned out Thursday. Friday I decided I better seed it since it was all cleaned out and worked up. Now I am wondering if I will get anything to germinate. lmao

Oh well. It isn't really a "food plot". I will never hunt over it. It is more of a pet project and my attempt at aiding the wildlife on my property. Habitat management a little bit at a time on a very small scale. Not to kill a deer. Simply to feel good about helping the herd a little here and a little there.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
finelyshedded; How'd you do in the tourney J! Nice far too![/QUOTE said:
Tough day on the river Ric.... We didn't have a keeper in the boat until 11 and then three keeper bass in 5 minutes and 1 more an hour later pushed us over the top for the win.... Went from being confused and frustrated too ecstatic lol.....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
What was good today? How about grilling up some BBQ drummies while brewing my first home brew.

uploadfromtaptalk1439086446747.jpg

It was nice to wake up this morning mow the lawn and just do something I've been wanting to do for some time.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats J!!!! Where was the tourney? I knew a guy that fished the Redman Tourney down here in Cincy quite a bit back in the late 90's early 2000's and he and his buddy usually placed in the top 3-4.

Good stuff Steve! How'd your brew turn out and did you name it yet?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1439135772768.jpg

Well here she is, a 10 year old huffy I bought off my uncle for $30 that he only road once. This bad boy right here is going to get me down the path too my stand in almost complete silence. While the deer are out in the fields eating in the wee hours of the morning, I'll be slipping in the back door!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good deal Chad.... You making a rack for your bow??? I've heard of people doing it but haven't known anyone first hand so looking forward too the updates on how it works....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good deal Chad.... You making a rack for your bow??? I've heard of people doing it but haven't known anyone first hand so looking forward too the updates on how it works....
No rack. Phil sold me a backpack at the TOO outing. It has straps on it that will hold my bow. I'm pretty excited about this!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Congrats J!!!! Where was the tourney? I knew a guy that fished the Redman Tourney down here in Cincy quite a bit back in the late 90's early 2000's and he and his buddy usually placed in the top 3-4.

Good stuff Steve! How'd your brew turn out and did you name it yet?
Not sure Ric. It is in the fermenter right now. I named it First Pitch Pale Ale, beings it was my first try at home brewing. Just ordered stuff today for two more batches. One is going g to be a pumpkin beer that i am hoping to have ready by Stroud's.

badger

*Supporting Member*
View attachment 34363

Well here she is, a 10 year old huffy I bought off my uncle for $30 that he only road once. This bad boy right here is going to get me down the path too my stand in almost complete silence. While the deer are out in the fields eating in the wee hours of the morning, I'll be slipping in the back door!

Awesome stuff! I Bowhunted off a bike for a few years in Texas. Any bow/gun holders that mount to four wheeler handlebars will work on a bike. Paper boy type saddle bags can hold gear without needing bungee cords. Invest in a can or two of fix-a-flat or slime your tires. Keep in mind that mud will impede your journey. Have fun brother, it can be a blast!

badger

*Supporting Member*
Thanks for the tips, awesome pics TOO!

I moved on to a mountain type bike that was more suitable to rough terrain the next year. Modern headlights are a plus. I started oiling the bike's gears with vegetable oil for scent control. (a bit anal back then) I also would ride to my stand in cotton work out clothes and change when I got off the bike. You will work up a sweat while peddling out. Dry socks are a good idea to change into if your feet get cold easily.

First time in a few years that bike hunting has caught my attention. Good luck and keep us updated, I'll be watching.