Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
1202E57B-2C7D-480D-AD55-6B7CE89BCF02.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Too wet to do the work I wanted to accomplish today. One of my neighbors has been having issues getting his 22 dialed in. I mounted a scope on mine. Went to his place. We got them both dialed in. My plan was to let him use mine if he couldn't figure it out. Nice Friday evening!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Pics or it didn’t happen.... just saying. Or pic of your hands would be proof
It's on here somewhere in the thread about turtles. Let me see if I can find it. Holding a 10" snapper like that with one hand and taking a selfie isn't easy trust me lol.

https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/box-turtles.24120/page-2

Post 38 but you can't see my hand up underneath it. Like I said, not easy to hold with one hand and take a pic with the phone in the other hand lol. I'll do it again and have somebody take a pic of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
It's on here somewhere in the thread about turtles. Let me see if I can find it. Holding a 10" snapper like that with one hand and taking a selfie isn't easy trust me lol.

https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/box-turtles.24120/page-2

Post 38 but you can't see my hand up underneath it. Like I said, not easy to hold with one hand and take a pic with the phone in the other hand lol. I'll do it again and have somebody take a pic of it.

Well let’s just say you got away with one. Down here them turtles know they fixing to be cooked and don’t have the laid back attitude. Could’ve also been it was cold there idk. But take this from a southern baw, you gonna fuck w a snapping turtle you best be holding him by the tail. On the big loggerheads you can grab the tail and the shell by the head.

Reactions: RedCloud

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well let’s just say you got away with one. Down here them turtles know they fixing to be cooked and don’t have the laid back attitude. Could’ve also been it was cold there idk. But take this from a southern baw, you gonna fuck w a snapping turtle you best be holding him by the tail. On the big loggerheads you can grab the tail and the shell by the head.
933FA497-EA43-41A7-ACAB-A5414CEB3CE2.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Had an extremely scary experience today. In the back of an F550 dump truck. Tugging on a root ball of an arborvitae I had pulled out and just dumped into the bed. Trying to reposition it for travel. It was heavy. I was in four low pulling it back closer to the tailgate when the roots broke. I went backwards over the tailgate head first. Fortunately the back of my legs sorta grabbed the tailgate to slow my fall a bit. I also had a trailer connected. This could have been horrible if my head got wrapped in the tongue before my body flopped over onto the ground. My left shoulder took the direct hit on the top of the trailer jack. Amazingly, I never hit my spine, neck, or head. Not sure how. My only explanation: God didn't want me today. So many ways this could have turned out with me in the hospital or the morgue. Feeling very fortunate. A deep bruise on my shoulder. Neck a little sore. Feeling like an idiot. Those are pretty minor, and sometimes normal, occurrences. Feeling blessed.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Had an extremely scary experience today. In the back of an F550 dump truck. Tugging on a root ball of an arborvitae I had pulled out and just dumped into the bed. Trying to reposition it for travel. It was heavy. I was in four low pulling it back closer to the tailgate when the roots broke. I went backwards over the tailgate head first. Fortunately the back of my legs sorta grabbed the tailgate to slow my fall a bit. I also had a trailer connected. This could have been horrible if my head got wrapped in the tongue before my body flopped over onto the ground. My left shoulder took the direct hit on the top of the trailer jack. Amazingly, I never hit my spine, neck, or head. Not sure how. My only explanation: God didn't want me today. So many ways this could have turned out with me in the hospital or the morgue. Feeling very fortunate. A deep bruise on my shoulder. Neck a little sore. Feeling like an idiot. Those are pretty minor, and sometimes normal, occurrences. Feeling blessed.
Wow! Glad to hear you’re ok. It only takes a second for unexpected things to happen...and when they do, it makes you take a step back and appreciate everyday you have here.