Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
This is 'TOO' good in my book!

After nearly a decade of fighting with the Chillicothe commissioner's office, we finally won our case today and to go ahead and build our new home on our property. We currently live in a zone restricted area, the only restricted area in the entire county that have specific zone rules and restrictions because of the airport right up the road, which was built long after the property was purchased by the wife's family, way back in 1961. We have been fighting with the airport board of trustees and the commission's office for a very long time through legal avenues and today, we finally won our case. Now we have the green light to go ahead build the home that I've been wanting to do for quite some time.

How awesome is that! I am fucken thrilled and so is the wife!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Congratulations!!!! What style house you looking at?

It's something that I dreamed up when I was young man, building custom homes back in the day. It will be rather unique in style and it was something that I always wanted to do. I drew it up probably 30 years ago so, you can say this will be one of my life fulfilled dreams once I finish it. Now I will be real busy going forward. My hunting season may be impacted a bit, we'll see.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's something that I dreamed up when I was young man, building custom homes back in the day. It will be rather unique in style and it was something that I always wanted to do. I drew it up probably 30 years ago so, you can say this will be one of my life fulfilled dreams once I finish it. Now I will be real busy going forward. My hunting season may be impacted a bit, we'll see.
Good luck, Denny…. 👍🏼

Reactions: Wildlife

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Looking forward to another TOO house building thread.👍

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Very nice, Denny. Nothing like dropping tens of thousands in legal fees in order to build a new home. Yuck.

Thanks Phil!

It was totally worth every nickel though!

We are the third generation living on the property currently and hopefully plenty more down the road. The wife spent a lot time here when she was just a little girl with her grandparents, and now we will be able to put a nice new home on it that will hopefully last a century.

The wife's family was here well before the airport was built and the airport trustees, board members and the local commissioner's office quietly placed zoning restrictions in the immediate area about fifteen years ago, on properties that do not belong to them, all in order to receive federal government funding dollars, even though they had no plans in making the flight-line and/or runway any bigger, and we put a nice crinkle in their power grab plans.

Our immediate area has become quite political over the last decade with regards to who had the power and control over the land surrounding the airport, and dictate what landowners were able to do with their own land.

I believe the powers to be thought they would be able to wear us down through time and money, but I assure you, the wife, and I can be stubborn and determined people, especially when we know we are in the right.

I'm sure my wife's grandparents are right now smiling down on us after today's big legal win. I am positive that the wife's grandfather would not want it any other way, for us to keep the land that he worked so hard on most of his life through blood, sweat and at times, tears.

We are pretty happy about it all and it does feel like the little guy won for once!

Last edited: