Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My kind of Friday night 😎

20220304_182801.jpg

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Feeling a bit blessed today...maybe the weather is bringing it out. It was so therapeutic to get out and enjoy the property with my wife and the dogs. Been married almost 18 years and I couldn't be more happier. Kim is my best friend and an outdoor lover. This girl can tell you every Latin name for plants, ID every bug, tell you what's invasive and what's edible. She puts up with all my toys and time away. There was a reason I put off getting married for 38 years....had to find the perfect one.
FEA9306A-47B1-4F15-8C32-A1C87019C0E3.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Feeling a bit blessed today...maybe the weather is bringing it out. It was so therapeutic to get out and enjoy the property with my wife and the dogs. Been married almost 18 years and I couldn't be more happier. Kim is my best friend and an outdoor lover. This girl can tell you every Latin name for plants, ID every bug, tell you what's invasive and what's edible. She puts up with all my toys and time away. There was a reason I put off getting married for 38 years....had to find the perfect one. View attachment 147209
Feeling a bit blessed today...maybe the weather is bringing it out. It was so therapeutic to get out and enjoy the property with my wife and the dogs. Been married almost 18 years and I couldn't be more happier. Kim is my best friend and an outdoor lover. This girl can tell you every Latin name for plants, ID every bug, tell you what's invasive and what's edible. She puts up with all my toys and time away. There was a reason I put off getting married for 38 years....had to find the perfect one. View attachment 147209
That is a huge tree!

Reactions: Smawgunner2

Stressless

Keene, OH
Taking my 91 y/o momma for a tour of the farm Saturday, in her words, "it's like riding a roller coaster!" (LoL yes, I cleaned up the passenger seat and her arm rest for the tour) It's like one of those rides where the narrator praddels on during the ride, new story w every turn - that's me going over the farm updates/improvements and plans as we cover areas of the farm she's never saw until I made trails... of course this competes with listening to the past garden club president tell me about all about the flowers she and dad planted around the farm... again - I'll never get tired of hearing it thou....

She's still mentally sharp but frail and just had a bad 3 weeks of asthma and some other issues, at 91 you just never know. I made plans to come up to see her & work at WPAFB. She had regained her health enough in the last week to make a 90m car ride. WX was perfect for a nice afternoon at the cabin and getting outside, that's the kinda meds she really likes. She loves a good campfire as well so I had that ready for her also. No shortage of wood...

I'm all she has left, it's a good feeling to make her happy.
IMAG0554-100-554.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I did it !!!!!!!! Or I should say I made it ? Today I turned in my resignation / retirement notice. 43 years. I'll continue to work until the very beginning of June. That way I can take 200 hrs of PTO with me. I turn 62 at the end of July, but there's really no need for me to wait until then, plus I'll have the whole summer off.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I did it !!!!!!!! Or I should say I made it ? Today I turned in my resignation / retirement notice. 43 years. I'll continue to work until the very beginning of June. That way I can take 200 hrs of PTO with me. I turn 62 at the end of July, but there's really no need for me to wait until then, plus I'll have the whole summer off.
Excellent. You should celebrate with a few beers and a brownie!!!