Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

twireman

Kingston, OH
Wife gave me the subtle nudge last night by kicking on the furnace.... today chimney cleaned, fire brick replaced and the wood furnace is up and running till April. That came quick.

Attachments

• 78652A42-2777-476C-B18E-B9B2B213D71B.jpeg
    78652A42-2777-476C-B18E-B9B2B213D71B.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 237

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yep. I got complaints last night because it was 67 in here. 65 this morning. Here's your blanket. Now knock off that talk. I'll get the boiler prepped this week. Lol

Reactions: twireman

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wife gave me the subtle nudge last night by kicking on the furnace.... today chimney cleaned, fire brick replaced and the wood furnace is up and running till April. That came quick.

I spent most of the day on Saturday getting my Taylor water boiler prepped filled and running. Smoked two pork butts in the process. Stopped to watch a few plays here and there all afternoon to keep up with the scores of other games and the Buckeye game. I heard mumbling a few days last week about, “it’s cold in here!”, “When you gonna fire up the wood furnace?” Said, that’s it!!! Gave up my hunting and college football watching to nip that in the bud. Still need to have some propane delivered in case we have a break down or extended power outage.

Prolly the earliest I’ve ever fired it up. I usually hold off till mid to late November. I got plenty of wood to burn so bring it on cooler temps😎👍🏻

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lmao, first day the house hit 68*...Wife flipped the switch. I’ve been pissed ever since. Gonna love this camping! Dustin better bring his XL purse to cover up with.

Our gas has been off so long they took the meter. Unless they are going to prep the boiler and start a fire. . . All they can do is complain. 🤣

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails