Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Feel good moment yesterday...i stopped to get gas on the way home from work. I went inside and prepaid $20 because i was on half a tank. I could only squeeze in $18. A gentleman had pulled in on the other side of my pump. I noticed him counting dollars so i tapped on his window and asked him if he wanted about a gallon of gas because i prepaid. He said you can get your $ back which i knew but i told him he could have it. I could tell he really needed that "extra gallon" and he was very appreciative and said god bless. My only regret after pulling away was that i didnt think to put my card in his pump and fill his tank...
We need more random acts of kindness in this world. You’ve got some good karma coming your way!😊

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I definitely dont expect any type of repayment. Telling my wife about it brought tears to her eyes and the situation was really was an "eye opener" for me! I took away more yesterday than the other gentleman for sure!
My father passed away in 2004. I never knew this about him as my mother told me after he was gone. When I was an infant, my mother would cook dinner and have it waiting for when my father came home. She would also take some next door to a single mother with two kids living in a trailer. When my father got home, she told him that next door had no heat (it was February and bitter cold) and the kids were wearing winter coats in the trailer. It was so cold that you could see your breath. My dad owned a gas station and went back to work and drove the heating oil truck to her house and filled the tank. Told her she didn’t owe him a thing. He just wanted the kids to be warm. Also found out that every year my father would be a secret Santa for a family in need. He would find out what the kids wanted and try to get them everything on their list. He never mentioned it and I never got to tell him that I was proud of him. He kept it a secret from everyone but my mother. My wife and I picked up his tradition and help out a family every year around Christmas time. We do it to honor my father and the feeling you get from helping someone who can use it is all the payback we need. Hats off lung buster! 👍

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My father passed away in 2004. I never knew this about him as my mother told me after he was gone. When I was an infant, my mother would cook dinner and have it waiting for when my father came home. She would also take some next door to a single mother with two kids living in a trailer. When my father got home, she told him that next door had no heat (it was February and bitter cold) and the kids were wearing winter coats in the trailer. It was so cold that you could see your breath. My dad owned a gas station and went back to work and drove the heating oil truck to her house and filled the tank. Told her she didn’t owe him a thing. He just wanted the kids to be warm. Also found out that every year my father would be a secret Santa for a family in need. He would find out what the kids wanted and try to get them everything on their list. He never mentioned it and I never got to tell him that I was proud of him. He kept it a secret from everyone but my mother. My wife and I picked up his tradition and help out a family every year around Christmas time. We do it to honor my father and the feeling you get from helping someone who can use it is all the payback we need. Hats off lung buster! 👍

Whenever I do something for someone I do it out of a sense that I would hope someone would help me out if I was in need. Not for the self gratification of blasting it all over social media too pump up my ego. Much respect for your dad for the things that he did too help folks out. We need more folks like that in this world.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What J said.

We so the same Sgt. Started 5-10yrs ago. Find a family in need and help them at Christmas. Not saying to brag or boast (and I know you weren't either). Sharing because it can be contagious. Last Christmas we picked out our "family." Happened to be a single lady. Late 20's. Fighting cancer. Comes from amazing family. Just needed some financial help. So I'm helping my neighbor with a deer and mention her situation. Told him I needed to cut out and deliver an anonymous envelope to her mother. Our neighbor asked how much we were giving. I told him. He said "Count me in. I'll match." Just about blew me away. Like I said above, generosity can be contagious. Thanks for sharing lung buster.

Matt

Norton, OH
Outdoors Club is beginning to pick up steam at Medina High School. We've had two meetings and have a student executive board, assigned work committees, and are starting to plan events. At the next meeting, we are gonna be walking the few sections of woods and swamp on campus to pick up trash, and I'm gonna give a "hanging trail cams" demonstration, see what we catch.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Outdoors Club is beginning to pick up steam at Medina High School. We've had two meetings and have a student executive board, assigned work committees, and are starting to plan events. At the next meeting, we are gonna be walking the few sections of woods and swamp on campus to pick up trash, and I'm gonna give a "hanging trail cams" demonstration, see what we catch.
May wanna preview those pictures before the kids see them 😂😂

Bowkills

Nw oh
My wife got me a bday gift. Jumping into this rabbit hole head first....
IMG_20190227_182253.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My youngest daughter is a maniac. She's wound like an 8-day clock, so any moment she sits still, you better cherish! I had some buddies over for the fights on Saturday and let both girls stay up until almost midnight. When I woke Kenna up yesterday, she was a little "hungover" and actually wanted to sit on daddy's lap for more than 5 seconds. We watched 4 episodes of Full Strut from Heartland Bowhunter. Every time they showed a deer or turkey, she'd point it out and tell me what it was. By the end of the hour, I had her yelping with her mouth. It was one of the best hours I've spent all year and a moment in time that makes me smile. That's TOO good!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I love me a good deal. Stopped by Walmart on the way home from work tonight to pick up a movie for my wife to show at the teen church party tomorrow. It's just a mere 30 steps from the movies to the clearance rack. Lo and behold, there sits a 7' medium action, drop shot finesse Falcon spinning rod. It's the exact thing I was looking at buying for a backup rod for the walleye run. It was marked down from about $100 to $25.00 due to a bent up top eye. I asked a manager if he'd give me a little more off since it was boogered up. It ended up costing being thirteen bucks and some change on the debit card (nothing the ol lady should notice). Even at that, she can appreciate a good deal, even on another fishing pole. Took abot 10 seconds to heat it up and straighten it out pretty close

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I love me a good deal. Stopped by Walmart on the way home from work tonight to pick up a movie for my wife to show at the teen church party tomorrow. It's just a mere 30 steps from the movies to the clearance rack. Lo and behold, there sits a 7' medium action, drop shot finesse Falcon spinning rod. It's the exact thing I was looking at buying for a backup rod for the walleye run. It was marked down from about $100 to $25.00 due to a bent up top eye. I asked a manager if he'd give me a little more off since it was boogered up. It ended up costing being thirteen bucks and some change on the debit card (nothing the ol lady should notice). Even at that, she can appreciate a good deal, even on another fishing pole. Took abot 10 seconds to heat it up and straighten it out pretty close

Gotta like them deals.... Even if it’s a spinning rod.... 😂😂😂