Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's good TOO?

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
855A8F1A-FD41-419C-A870-CF00D7D5A16B.jpeg

Springs coming....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I rotate them, have a bunch in the collection over the years...

Being a garatroooer I have half a coffee can of them around here somewhere. My favorite was when the batallion commander completely fucked his laptop and put in a ticket at 4:30 on a Friday. When I got to his office he packed his shit and left and said he'd be back in the morning and expected it fixed. Sometime around midnight while reloading this damn thing and bitching because I wasn't downtown I opened his desk drawer and there were his coins, i put one in my pocket and said thanks Colonel it's an honor. 😂😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Being a garatroooer I have half a coffee can of them around here somewhere. My favorite was when the batallion commander completely fucked his laptop and put in a ticket at 4:30 on a Friday. When I got to his office he packed his shit and left and said he'd be back in the morning and expected it fixed. Sometime around midnight while reloading this damn thing and bitching because I wasn't downtown I opened his desk drawer and there were his coins, i put one in my pocket and said thanks Colonel it's an honor. 😂😂
😂😂😂

Worst one was from some no name senator who was making the rounds... Shake your hand and had a coin in it. Felt dirty and had girly hands.... Went washed my hands afterwards.... Fuggin politicians have the limpest hand shakes of all....

Reactions: Lucky

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I dont have that much family around anymore....only have my mom's side of family but very small family. On my dads side of family we dont talk to them. They never asked to come see me, my sis, and my mom for any help after my dad passed. Kinda fucked up, but whatever. I dont have anything that was given to me from great grandparent. So, mom gave me my dad's pocket watch he had worn before....which my grandpa had worn before and gave it to my dad. Another thing when dad had an heart attack at work the guys had to give him CPR to save his life, but couldn't save his life, as he was in seizure, got rushed to hospital and died. So, all dad had in his wallet was 2 dollars. Mom gave me a dollar and my sis a dollar. So, I still have the dollar in the binder. As you can see in the picture my dad's buddy made the case for it.
20190317_200736.jpg
20190317_200749.jpg
20190317_201001.jpg

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got some coins somewhere from working security at the 96 Olympics in Atlanta. Or maybe they were pins? Don't remember but it isn't the same as the coins you guys have for tours.

I also carry a $2. Had 2 for awhile. Gave all the grandkids their paper lunch sacks at Christmas (family tradition going back to depression era or older) and put $2 bills in them this year. My brother said he had never had a $2 bill so I gave him one of mine.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
My furnace quit working sometime Wednesday while I was at work. I came home to a house that was 58°. I called a local HVAC company and they came out Thursday morning. They called me around noon and told me it was all fixed. I got home Thursday to a house that was 60°. I called them again and asked them wtf was goin on. They kinda irritated me on the phone. They told me they would come out this morning and check everything over again. Well last night I tore into it quite a bit and discovered that my 24volt transformer was not putting out the right voltage. I called the HVAC company this morning to tell them what I found the night before. I tried to call them 3 separate times from 6:30 -9:00. Nobody answered. I looked through the old parts in our shop and found a replacement that the shop gave me for free. I just got it all installed and the old furnace fired right up. Very happy to have learned a few new things and to jot have to rely on other people doing work for me. The house is currently at 67 and climbing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Having a wife that's on call 10+ days a month is a burden at times. One side effect is that it "forces" me to spend more time with my girls than I otherwise might. I have projects that need my attention, but those will have to wait. I took them to a ribbon cutting I attended as part of my duty as a board member for our local Chamber of Commerce. It was for a snow cone shop, so we got shaved ice and hot dogs for lunch, then tailgated! Taking K on a date tonight to support our local morning rotary and their International Dinner, which is a fundraiser for St. Jude. Doing civic duties while being with my girls is a win-win!

IMG_20190323_120048_771.jpg

Last edited:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Having a wife that's on call 10+ days a month is a burden at times. One side effect is that it "forces" me to spend more time with my girls than I otherwise might. I have projects that need my attention, but those will have to wait. I took them to a ribbon cutting I attended as part of my duty was a board member for our local Chamber of Commerce. It was for a snow cone shop, so we got shaved ice and hot dogs for lunch, then tailgated! Taking K on a date tonight to support our local morning rotary and their International Dinner, which is a fundraiser for St. Jude. Doing civic duties while being with my girls is a win-win!

View attachment 75432
Making memories

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Having a wife that's on call 10+ days a month is a burden at times. One side effect is that it "forces" me to spend more time with my girls than I otherwise might. I have projects that need my attention, but those will have to wait. I took them to a ribbon cutting I attended as part of my duty as a board member for our local Chamber of Commerce. It was for a snow cone shop, so we got shaved ice and hot dogs for lunch, then tailgated! Taking K on a date tonight to support our local morning rotary and their International Dinner, which is a fundraiser for St. Jude. Doing civic duties while being with my girls is a win-win!

View attachment 75432
You should frame that pic! Get two done then give each one a gift on their wedding day. That’s an awesome pic.

Bowkills

Nw oh
20190328_200303.jpg
I fixed my dryer motor pulley and busted belt. I forgot to watch youtube first before tearing into it. Monday tore it apart ordered parts off amazon prime. 20 bucks or so for belt and pulley. It was here Wednesday but didn't see the box until late so did it tonight.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
View attachment 75741I fixed my dryer motor pulley and busted belt. I forgot to watch youtube first before tearing into it. Monday tore it apart ordered parts off amazon prime. 20 bucks or so for belt and pulley. It was here Wednesday but didn't see the box until late so did it tonight.
Hah. Had to do the exact same thing a few months ago. Crazy wife thought I would just by a new matching washer/dryer set with my Whirlpool discount. Fixed it. Nothing wrong with our pre 1990 set of Maytags 😁