Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's in your cup?

Isaacorps

Columbus
Four Roses Private Selection. Just what the doctor ordered 🥃
image.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
@Sgt Fury, you find me a bottle of Blantons and I’ll give you a Benjamin. Not one time have I been able to track down a bottle. It’s my bourbon unicorn.
Your search is over! I went to two big outlets including the one that I was able to get one bottle around two weeks ago. Sold out! Then I started calling around to other nearby liquor stores...call number 10 and they said they had one bottle left. Told him I’d be there in 20 minutes. It was still there when I got there....however, he wanted more than I paid for a bottle only two weeks before. You said you were willing to pay a Benjamin and that’s what he charged, so it’s yours. I don’t want to make anything from it so IF you want a second bottle AND IF I can find it at the first place I bought it for $75, I’ll pick up a second bottle for you if I can. The place I bought it from today for $100 (which is more than I’m willing to pay) took my phone number and said he’ll call me the next time it’s in (he’s got many people on the list and just goes down the list so my turn will come up again). I also learned today by talking with the manager at the first place that I stopped by today that their distributor must be leaking the info on deliveries because when they do get it in stock, around ten people will come in within an hour asking for it. He also said that this time last year they had enough to actually put on the shelves and it was only around $30 a bottle. He has no idea why it’s hard to get now and why everyone wants it....guess it’s like the beanie baby fad.😂
9427ED21-A4DE-477E-B9B7-018C211B8501.jpeg
20CEBDDD-A4EE-40F7-AD18-4DE49B7F4688.jpeg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Your search is over! I went to two big outlets including the one that I was able to get one bottle around two weeks ago. Sold out! Then I started calling around to other nearby liquor stores...call number 10 and they said they had one bottle left. Told him I’d be there in 20 minutes. It was still there when I got there....however, he wanted more than I paid for a bottle only two weeks before. You said you were willing to pay a Benjamin and that’s what he charged, so it’s yours. I don’t want to make anything from it so IF you want a second bottle AND IF I can find it at the first place I bought it for $75, I’ll pick up a second bottle for you if I can. The place I bought it from today for $100 (which is more than I’m willing to pay) took my phone number and said he’ll call me the next time it’s in (he’s got many people on the list and just goes down the list so my turn will come up again). I also learned today by talking with the manager at the first place that I stopped by today that their distributor must be leaking the info on deliveries because when they do get it in stock, around ten people will come in within an hour asking for it. He also said that this time last year they had enough to actually put on the shelves and it was only around $30 a bottle. He has no idea why it’s hard to get now and why everyone wants it....guess it’s like the beanie baby fad.😂View attachment 122108View attachment 122109
Well done, Sarge! Send me a message with your info. I can send a check or PayPal or whatever you prefer. We can work out a hillbilly express for delivery at some point.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Picked up a bottle of Drambuie the other day... It was only 375 ml and I shit when guy rang up $40.00... Don't feel too bad now....

Attachments

• PXL_20210228_190305344.jpg
    PXL_20210228_190305344.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Sgt Fury

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
0453C878-D54D-42F5-BC99-9C64A788F3ED.jpeg

I was at the liquor store. Almost bought the bulliet bourbon but thought about @jagermeister keep mentioning about woodford reserve. So, I ended up seeing the regular one and the double Oaked one. Texted to @”J” to see which he recommended. He said the double oak one. So, I went with it. I came home and poured into glass and drank out of it. It was daaaaaamn good.