Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's on your feet?

badger

*Supporting Member*
I wear a lot of slipons (wellingtons) Red Wing Pecos usually. I have a two pairs of Wolverines right now that I like. The one pair is almost 6 years old now, the other on it's first year.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Depends on what I am doing. The Rocky originals always last me a long time. Adidas are my favorite athletic shoes. The slip on Rocky's are going on 7 years.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Sorry didn't realize the pic was so shotty. The hunting boots are in a Tote in the truck. They are Rocky Gortex/Scentlock light wieghts. Wear them unless it is under 20 then it is some Alpha Burlys from Lacrosse.

Beentown

Last edited:

rrr

My fuggin croc broke tonight. 2.5 years old. The one side of the strap (which I always have forward, not against my ankle) popped off...so I yanked the thing off. Good as new :D

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm rockin a pair of Dollar General slippers right now. :)

For work, I just retired the Wolverine Multishox boots and got a pair of the new Rocky Aztecs... I'm pretty happy with the Aztecs, but overall I think the Wolverines were a more comfortable boot.

Anywhere else that I go I'm wearing a pair of Adidas tennis shoes or some Doc Martens.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Back in the Rocky work boots. Have been all evening. Probably take them off in an hour or so before I go to bed. I wear these things probably 15-18hrs a day usually. No wonder they only last a year. Hell, that includes changing between insulated/non-insulated in the winter in order to let them dry out by the fire. Dang

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Scmidt Pull on's. As comfortable as tennis shoes to me. Also have a pair of Red Wing Boots that get worn on occasion but since I got the Schmidts they do not see outside the closet very often. Tennis shoes are addidas that only get worn when coaching my son's sports.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Nice to see some other Schmidt fans out there! Wearing mine again today as usal. I could walk in these things for miles and not get sore feet. By far, the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned.

Anyone else have issues with going barefoot? I never walk around without shoes on, even in my own house. I wear Crocs or tennis shoes around the house even if all I am doing is lounging around. Not sure what it is, but I don't like to be barefoot.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Actually, I would walk around bare foot all the time if I could. I absolutely hate wearing shoes... and my feet are pretty tough so stones don't bother me too much. My feet feel restricted all the time when I'm wearing shoes.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Actually, I would walk around bare foot all the time if I could. I absolutely hate wearing shoes... and my feet are pretty tough so stones don't bother me too much. My feet feel restricted all the time when I'm wearing shoes.

Agreed.. I would walk everywhere barefoot if i could.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My feet have wussed out. I watch my girls run on our stone drive bare foot and I cringe. I wear shoes anytime outside but prefer bare feet inside.

Beentown

Buckmaster

Portage
Damn Badger, Wash those boots and oil them up.

I've been wearing my Leihigh & Dry steel toe boots lately.

My old company used to furnished annual boots for safety purposes. My boots are about 5 years old and still going strong.

They look good under Docker's, causal dress pants, etc.