Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When's your rut vacation?

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I have a week vacation saved for hunting season. Probably be my birthday week of November on Thanksgiving week.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I've always had better luck a little later. Cameras always show an explosion of daytime movement starting around November 10th. This year there is a new moon on November 7th. So I'm going to try and be on stand as much as possible from the 8th to the 15th.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm putting down the 27th-11th to be off . I'll probably work a couple days in that window depending on weather conditions. Hate burning vacation days when it's 70 degrees or a monsoon .

Reactions: finelyshedded

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The play I have to make is we are off Christmas Eve through New Years, so I can hit waterfowl in the AM and deer in the PM. My wife should be off then too, so I'll have a nice stretch to put some food up! I'm also considering a long weekend at Shawnee on youth weekend. Hike way back where people ain't toting kids and hunt a nice funnel. Any takers? :cool:

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
The play I have to make is we are off Christmas Eve through New Years, so I can hit waterfowl in the AM and deer in the PM. My wife should be off then too, so I'll have a nice stretch to put some food up! I'm also considering a long weekend at Shawnee on youth weekend. Hike way back where people ain't toting kids and hunt a nice funnel. Any takers? :cool:

Not a bad Idea there Jesse!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Yeah I'm off work for a week from 22nd of November until dec 3rd. Will be hunting for 12 days

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Having the flexibility to take time off when weather is right definitely helps . On one property I can hunt the week of October 25-30 was great last yr based on camera Intel . I plan on putting some evening hunts in then this yr . As of this yr I should be the only one hunting there so I'm gonna keep the pressure off .

I have poor luck hunting the double digits days of Nov . I have only ever killed one good deer after Nov 12 . Nov 2-5 seem to be my best days for killing big deer . Last yr I killed on Nov 8th tho . And I was starting to get worried