Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Which Treestand

themedic

OHIO
I went to Buckeye Outdoors yesterday and looked at this Millennium stand, and yeah its comfortable but man that thing is a beast, Its tall/long and heavy IMO. Now I will admit I still almost bought it for a more permanent fixed stand in a awesome rut drainage ditch I hunt, but I was able to fight it off. I will wait for them to make a smaller, lighter version for everyday use.

themedic

OHIO
I went to Buckeye Outdoors yesterday and looked at this Millennium stand, and yeah its comfortable but man that thing is a beast, Its tall/long and heavy IMO. Now I will admit I still almost bought it for a more permanent fixed stand in a awesome rut drainage ditch I hunt, but I was able to fight it off. I will wait for them to make a smaller, lighter version for everyday use.

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
The millennium is anything but heavy. It has a balanced weight...I just don't understand how you get that it is heavy. Btw, Fairfield Outdoors also carries the Millenium.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I can deal with the added weight if that means that I can sit comfortably every hunt and not fidget like I normally would. Hell, what do I know though, I've never killed me a big buck deerz. Maybe all that sweating from carrying that extra 10lbs. is what's causing the problem.

themedic

OHIO
from my previous experience, the reason have problems sitting all day has nothing to do with comfort, more the mental aspect and having to go to the bathroom

blemas

Summit County
I hung it on a tree tonight, it is not really that heavy, even with the factory backpack straps it carries well. It feels as light or lighter than my climber, even with the sticks. It feels more secure than it looks. Do you guys use a 2nd strap on the bottom half of the stand?

Greg, what did you do instead of using the LW straps? I was going to make something but for $10, it hardly seems worth the trouble.

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I just used an old duffle bag carrying strap, and bought two "D" rings and a section of 1" Nylon webbing. Instead of using the existing bolts, I suggest using self tapping screws and screwing directly into the frame. Then, if you take the strap from your bottom stick and wrap it under itself and up and around the sticks one full time, you can then loop it on the top strap and it will hold them solid as a rock. Pics coming in a few.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I use an extra LW strap to secure the base of the stand to the tree. I will post a folder with pics of that and the carrying strap.