Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whiskey

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Stopped for groceries on the way home, then hit the new Kroger liquor store to see if they had any Buffalo Trace. Still sold out, but they have 2 cases arriving tomorrow. The lady working said that I better be there before they open to get in line. She said there's 5 older guys that literally show up early, wait for the door open, then clean them out. She says "It's kinda sad because other people should get to enjoy it and these old alkies buy it all." They are supposed to get a special batch of something else that's a limited batch for Ohio stores only. I'll probably get some of that too. That's if I don't throw a whooping on an old drunk for cleaning out the BT first! 😂

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I've been eyeing that wilderness trail pretty hard, I'll have to grab a bottle next time I'm out...
I save my buffalo trace for special occasions. I picked up an extra bottle in Michigan a few months ago as a back up. Most stores around here have a one per person limit on things like that, but they still sell out fast

Reactions: Tipmoose

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Stopped for groceries on the way home, then hit the new Kroger liquor store to see if they had any Buffalo Trace. Still sold out, but they have 2 cases arriving tomorrow. The lady working said that I better be there before they open to get in line. She said there's 5 older guys that literally show up early, wait for the door open, then clean them out. She says "It's kinda sad because other people should get to enjoy it and these old alkies buy it all." They are supposed to get a special batch of something else that's a limited batch for Ohio stores only. I'll probably get some of that too. That's if I don't throw a whooping on an old drunk for cleaning out the BT first! 😂
That’s pretty funny. And it’s interesting how the liquor demand varies around the state. Up here, there’s always a full stock of Buffalo Trace at every Kroger. I enjoy BT but for some reason a lot of people up here have never even heard of it... which immediately downgrades my opinion of them. Lol

Isaacorps

Columbus
I hate to put this out there for fear I won't be able to find any in the near future....

If you get a chance, pick up a bottle of Wilderness Trail Wheated Bourbon. Bottled in Bond, Single Barrel. Its about 45.00 and worth every dang penny as far as I'm concerned. This stuff may have displaced Angel's Envy from the top spot in my drink list. Maybe. It will be a tough fight either way.

View attachment 101538
Steve, you shouldn’t have any problem finding it around Columbus. It’s pretty widely available everywhere I frequent

Reactions: Tipmoose

Isaacorps

Columbus
Keep your eye out for Weller Special Reserve. Also a BT product and damn good for $22 a bottle. Usually more readily available, too. The search is half the fun, though!

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Steve, you shouldn’t have any problem finding it around Columbus. It’s pretty widely available everywhere I frequent

Yep. Thats what Ive found too. However, my friends in NC can't find it at all. The stores down there haven't even heard of it apparently. Crazy stuff.

Reactions: Isaacorps

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pretty much. But... one of my buddy's was in the line and one of the first 5 in the store. I just sat on his tailgate drinking coffee and let him do the shopping. 😂

20200515_092047.jpg

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
20200523_153851.jpg

Wow... this will put some hair on your not sack. If you're not into peat and smoke, this isnt for you.... tastes like a. Old burlap sack dipped in molasses