Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Whiskey

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
20200524_185853.jpg

Not sure what to call this, but refreshing after working in the yard/garden all day...
At 116.8 proof... it's pretty stiff too lol

NoDakRat

There will come a time when your pallet will mature and you’ll look back and think WTF were you doing mixing a perfectly good bourbon with anything. Until then, believe it’s a good thing and enjoy. We’ll still be here when you’ve ‘grown up’ and realize the mistake you made. 🤣😂🤣😂😳

Reactions: tracker 6 and "J"

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
There will come a time when your pallet will mature and you’ll look back and think WTF were you doing mixing a perfectly good bourbon with anything. Until then, believe it’s a good thing and enjoy. We’ll still be here when you’ve ‘grown up’ and realize the mistake you made. 🤣😂🤣😂😳

That all depends on the bourbon. Ive had some that I'd rather pour out than drink neat.

NoDakRat

Agreed. In fact, I have pored some out. That’s what I love about the search. It’s not ‘what’s best’, it’s what I like best about it. Everybody has different taste buds. What I like, you may think tastes like shit. And that’s ok. I will generally give a whole bottle a shot to convince me it’s something I can drink again. Nearly every bottle mentioned on this thread I have either tried or tried to find/taste. I will try any bourbon/scotch twice! 😁😁

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Enjoying a nice quiet evening watching the Coca-Cola 600 with a tumbler (or 2) of Jameson’s Cold Brew. When you need something with a little different taste it fills the square... 🥃 Cheers

Isaacorps

Columbus
His full response to the question...

JR: Well, good bourbon, you just drink it out of anything — even the bottle [laughs]. I like mine neat or on the rocks. In hot weather I like it chilled a little bit. But you drink it anyway you like it. If you like to mix it, that’s fine with me. But me personally, I love to sit down with my wife at nights, read or watch television and enjoy the flavor of bourbon. I sip on it. My wife loves Wild Turkey bourbon sours. One of the best mixers I think you can have with good flavored bourbon is ginger ale or ginger beer. They marry together well.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'll drink any whiskey neat all day long. I felt the need for something iced and refreshing last night. Rare breed or makers mark are the ones I like to use in situations like that

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Where do you find your Jeffersons Reserve?

In the columbus area its pretty easy to find...at least for me. Arena Wine and Spirits almost always has it. Was just in Northwest Wine and Liquor on Bethel road this afternoon. They had five different kinds. Jefferson Reserve, Oceans, Oceans cask strength, Jefferson Cabernet and Jefferson Rum.

I ended up picking up a pint of Makers 46. Am giving it a taste tonight.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
On the rocks with a splash of water to open up the flavor profile. I prefer stone cubes so it doesn't water down past the initial splash. I steer clear of whisky and bourbon at the house as there's no such thing as moderation, just a race to the bottom. 😅.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
On the rocks with a splash of water to open up the flavor profile. I prefer stone cubes so it doesn't water down past the initial splash. I steer clear of whisky and bourbon at the house as there's no such thing as moderation, just a race to the bottom. 😅.
I have been wanting to try some of those whiskey stones. Recommend any particular kind / brand?

Isaacorps

Columbus
I prefer
In the columbus area its pretty easy to find...at least for me. Arena Wine and Spirits almost always has it. Was just in Northwest Wine and Liquor on Bethel road this afternoon. They had five different kinds. Jefferson Reserve, Oceans, Oceans cask strength, Jefferson Cabernet and Jefferson Rum.

I ended up picking up a pint of Makers 46. Am giving it a taste tonight.
I prefer Maker’s 46 to the regular. Good stuff!

Reactions: Tipmoose

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Ok. I laughed my butt off at this video. The 'experiment' portion of the vid is pretty much busted because the canning lid's rubber is what got into the various whiskeys and not anything to do with the actual heating of the liquor. The shenanigans part of the vid, which starts at the 10 min mark, however made me fall over laughing. The one liners and innuendo are great.

Big H

Medina
I picked up some Leadslingers yesterday to try out. Anyone had it yet? Also grabbed some 4 Roses, which I already know I like.