Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who is getting out this weekend?

Matt

Norton, OH
Thanks fellas. JMmyers and I had a blind on Mogadore Reservoir this past weekend and did pretty good considering the warmer weather. We saw and missed a lot more ducks than we bagged.

Saturday was fairly slow, with each of us bagging only one woodie and missing a few others. We did get to watch 2 bald eagles fly around which is always cool.

Sunday we saw a lot more ducks. I missed 2 woodies real early. A little later, we could hear goose calling from the direction of another blind, then a bunch of shooting. A few seconds later, 2 geese broke the tree tops and I was able to call them into my set. Jimmy missed his and I winged mine. He proceeded to glide about 200 yards away. We hopped in the canoe and paddled over and dispatched him. Upon return, there were about 6 mallards swimming into our set. Ain't that a bitch! A little later, I managed to call a hen and drake mallard into our set, where they were quickly dispatched. A while later, we had some mallards land behind us (we were on an island). We waited a while with nothing doing, so Jim decided he would try to see if he could heard them out towards our blind. He succeeded in jumping three of them up, which sent them flying towards me in the blind where I quickly dispatched the final duck of the day. It was like a pheasant hunt!!!!! It was a real good weekend. The one duck had a lot of parasites in it. A buddy of mine said they call it "rice breast." Look at the picture and you will see why. He ended up in the trash.

Some pictures.
Sat. woodies

Sunday photos. Didn't get any pics of the goose.

Rice breast.