Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who's the most famous person you've met?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Jim Harbaugh - Got him to sign his rookie card....what a waste that was lmao. Cool guy though.
Paul Newman - Seems to be a nice guy. Only talked to him for a couple min. while passing one another.
Paul Tracy - dude is an ass
Danica Patrick - not very nice after a race so if you ever get the chance talk to her before hand :D.
Frankie Muniz - Dude from Malcom in the middle. Didn't know he raced open wheel cars until he walked through my gate. I just had to say hello just to make sure it was him lmao. He is a pretty cool guy and stuck around shooting the breeze for about 20-30min.. Has some cool ink as well.

Others I have seen but never talked to.

All of the Drivers from Indy Car

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I met Ben Affleck and shook his hand. He was doing a USO Christmas thing and visited us on the USS Enterprise during a port call to Bahrain. He's tall and shakes hands like a girl.

I met Michael Waddell and got a picture taken with him while holding a sign that says "Long Live The Deer Camp Boys". Uncomfortably that picture was lost when my old computer crashed.

Then there's Geezer, Milo, Brock, Jimmy, Jack, the slunger video guys, Jesse, Hooter, coonie, COB, Q2XL, and a few other OSTA celebs.

That's actually about it for me. I always seem to be the guy who "just misses" the famous person by 5 minutes or so.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I met Ben Affleck and shook his hand. He was doing a USO Christmas thing and visited us on the USS Enterprise during a port call to Bahrain. He's tall and shakes hands like a girl.

I love it! "Shakes hands like a girl" cracked me up. I am here to tell you, if you think you are a hot snot on a silver platter celebrity and you shake hands like a girl, I think you are more like a cold booger on a paper plate. I don't care how much money these people make, it still doesn't make them anybody. You can tell a lot about someone from a handshake in my opinion. If I pull off a shitty handshake when meeting someone, i always try to make sure to shake their hand again when leaving to make up for it. I hate that. Usually happens when they squeeze before you get your hand into the "official handshake location".

Matt

Norton, OH
Premature grasp... hate when they do that and you get fingers... feel like a woman "offering my hand to a gentleman."

rrr

Danica Patrick - not very nice after a race so if you ever get the chance talk to her before hand .

Ditto. She's also not that hot when she gets bumped off the track and is bitching out Tony Kanaan...kinda sweaty too!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been up and close TOO many sport celebs TOO mention but can't recall ever shaking any one of their hands. I did get Manny Sanguien(sp.error fer sur) 1970's Pitt. Pirate catcher TOO autograph a game program once! Of course we've all came across the Outdoor Hunting celebs at the Deer&Turkey show but I don't view them as not that special. I can't recall any up close and personal meetings with anybody in acting.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I forgot I met Lorena Bobbit. I was bar tending a wedding reception and made her a drink. I didn't know who she was until my wife told me.

I also met the 1970's Coca Cola girl too. I popped my cherry in her bed (Hollywood, Ca) with a Korean chick who was her friend.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I forgot I met Lorena Bobbit. I was bar tending a wedding reception and made her a drink. I didn't know who she was until my wife told me.

I also met the 1970's Coca Cola girl too. I popped my cherry in her bed (Hollywood, Ca) with a Korean chick who was her friend.

:smiley_clap: Me love you long time lol

rrr

Met Bill Bennett tonight. Ronald Reagan's Sec of Education. Also wrote "The Book of Virtues", I didn't know that til after his talk! Pretty cool dude and he told come crazy war stories and some great Reagan stories. Also had dinner with a few millionaires. Time to go out for some bud lights with the boys instead lol get that damn tie off my neck!

Also, Laura Bush was confirmed yesterday as this Spring's Commencement speaker, so I'll get to gladhand for that and that night at the $90 million capital campaign kickoff!

Capt

JMMyers

You guys might recognize this guy. This was Iraq. In Afghanistan I met Oliver North. I got a hat signed by Ashley and John Force.

Attachments

• 100_0711.jpg
    100_0711.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 161

epe

Lancaster
Most of ohios big wig govt. at the banquet every year. Johnny Bench, Keith byars, and some other sports guys. My mom and sister know Garth Brooks, have met him several times. Dude will Damn near break your hand shaking it.

sent from my HTC evo

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Most of ohios big wig govt. at the banquet every year. Johnny Bench, Keith byars, and some other sports guys. My mom and sister know Garth Brooks, have met him several times. Dude will Damn near break your hand shaking it.

sent from my HTC evo

One person I would like to meet. Seems to be a down to earth kind of guy.