Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Wildview cams

Diablo54

Outside
Thanks for posting this I had 2 of these but some rutter stole one. Not the best image quality but they get the job done.

Buckmaster

Portage
Someone gave me one to try out a couple years ago. They do ok during daylight but night photos come out all black with white eyeballs. I was disappointed. I was waiting for Jesse to come off a couple used BECs. :smiley_bril:

Ray

I am partial to BuckEye Cam, but that WildView brand sucks. They eat through batteries like crazy, and is not waterproof. I was replacing 4-c batteries twice a week and probably missing a ton of pictures based on its inconsistency. Picture quality as mentioned earlier is okay in the daylight, but night time pics are not good. Just my experience with this brand of camera.

Buckmaster

Portage
Went to find it and I can't. It's the one displayed. The $40-50 one.
My battery life lasted about 3 weeks. My complaint was low light photos---worthless.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I bought a Wildview 3 almost 4 years ago from Wal-Mart and am happy to say it is now retired lol. I was missing so many deer pics it wasn't funny do to the slower trigger speed and the sensitivity isn't very good on that cam. It did do well at close range at night and fairly well during the day but, you get the deer out to about 10' during the night time pics and you get as stated before, Just eyeball glow. Battery life sucked. Warm weather would do ok and last about a month with minimal pics (40-60)but get the cold weather and be lucky to last a week with no pics on 4 c-batteries. I would NEVER buy another one.

BTW, That is the same cam I have so it is now a 4-5 year old cam.

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
Our wild cam is an extreme 2 it came in a 2 for 100$ package at cabelas. Batterie last 1 week. Always seems to take decent pics but it has crappy quality. I'll save my money for a Cuddeback this summer. We have moultries that go into a sleep mode and then always miss deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The only thing I would use those for would be decoy cams to catch the SOB's trying to steal my good cams lol. When I bought mine I think they sold for $89 and cost me about $100 in a years limited time use of batteries lol. You could always use them to make some homebrew cams of your own or just to crack it open to see how they work lmao.

I'm not knocking you Mike for posting just bashing the cams.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I bought one of the IR ones from Mijer. I got 30 pics, half of them all white. And it died in 13 days.. Kaput. Wouldn't turn on or anything... I took it back to Meijer and the lady asked "Refund or exchange"... Refund please.

Diablo54

Outside
These are from wildview as you can see not the best pic quality. But 50$ worth.

Btw this deer exploded into a 150/160inch deer this year those pics were from last yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If I was to get anything other than a buckeye cam it would be a bushnel. Those seem to always get good reviews.

I am hopeful the Primos Truth Cam get the new models running and find a better battery life. If they could get that issue fixed I don't think there would be many in that price range or the next that could compete imo.

Buckeye cams are sweet but as the market keeps going they will find their prices are way too high and have to drop the price or sink. I just seen a commercial on the Outdoor Channel for a wireless cam that you can change the settings from home (all settings on the cam) as well as software to track your pics such as moon phase,BMP,time of day/night, and a few other things. The market for wireless will get very competitive real quick.

I love competition :D. It brings the prices down to a more manageable price range for guys like me lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I can speak for the Trophy Cam pretty well. I have bought 6. Have 5 left. Friggin' thieves. Get on optics planet and buy the security box. On sale for $23 right now. Python lock for another $20 would be a good investment to go with it. Congrats!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think I can speak for the Trophy Cam pretty well. I have bought 6. Have 5 left. Friggin' thieves. Get on optics planet and buy the security box. On sale for $23 right now. Python lock for another $20 would be a good investment to go with it. Congrats!

Thanks for the heads up.