Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Winchester 101 single barrel 12ga Trap

Jamie

Ohio
so my BIL wants to trade Dad's old trap gun for a 9mm pistol. Nancy's dad was an avid shooter and hunter. I've been told he had a collection of very nice rifles and shotguns, some of which I have now, but they are all broken/junk except for a Krag. BIL "inherited" all of Dads guns and sold all of the ones that were worth owning except this one, apparently. I suspect that he cannot sell it or it is worth next to nothing or something for him to come crawling to me for a trade. gun appears to be in excellent condition based on the photos, and I believe it is the entry level model. Do any of you scattergun gurus know anything about these? I would guess that it was manufactured before 1970.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Post a few pics of it. I have a 101 diamond grade trap. I could also look at my blue book of guns.

Here is something to compare it to. I paid 1500 for mine if it's worth anything to u
20190313_102006.jpg
20190313_102010.jpg
20190313_102015.jpg
20190313_102030.jpg

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I’m familiar with 101 O/Us but didn’t know they made a single barrel version. They were made in Japan, good guns for low volume shooters but weren’t up to high volume shooting. Good field or starter target guns. Browning BT99 from that era can be bought around $7-900. I’d guess this is a couple hundred below that. The longer the barrel (32” or longer) helps with price.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I found out the same info. Found one for sale at 600$ but didn't look in as good as shape as yours. Jaquas only had the over under 101's.

Reactions: Jamie

Jamie

Ohio
lol, I did in fact end up trading a Smith & Wesson 3913 police trade-in with three mags for this shotgun, which I will likely not ever use. Nancy wanted it because it belonged to her Dad, her brother wanted a starter handgun, and I won't miss that old 9mm. had to teach him how to shoot it. everyone happy, and it was a fair trade.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm watching from the sidelines. Both IPs checkout and when that happens, I'm willing to give a little rope. I agree, it's odd, but it's not yet blatant spam, so we'll allow it to persist until otherwise deemed full-fledged spam.